View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Lunch time run

50-minutes-5-miles-and-a-lifetime-of-night-terrors

The lunch time run. Preserve of the athlete, the chiseled definition of dedication and commitment. Turns out it’s the preserve of the unfit and the less than alluring masses determined to fight age off with a particularly fragile stick.

A quick 5k I told myself. I had an hour and thought I’d plod around, maximizing my time in a slow, endurance building jog. I hit the Bracknell suburbs and the first thing I noticed was the stairs. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Lan dates 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    We have now finalised the dates for the next couple of LANs.

They are:

April 16th -19th 2015
    October 9th -11th 2015

These have been confirmed with the hotel and the rooms have been blocked out ready for us to book when we open booking - NO, NOT YET.

Yay.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Rugby musings

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Let me tell you a little story about an event that happened 14 years ago. I was in Botswana on an international aid charity football event. Very much like the football event in Bedknobs and Broomsticks, but the participants were late. The Lion King was there but the hippo, elephant and rhino were all late. Anyway, to cut a long story short we had too many on our side so I agreed to referee (see picture below).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bedknobs-football.jpg 
Views:	1332 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	1462

I tossed the coin and as I went
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Speakers, Headphones and Desktop control. Why isn't it in a single package?

I've been looking for a decent speaker set up for a while now and was having serious trouble finding what I wanted. My wish list was, I thought, fairly obvious for a desktop PC user:

1 - a desktop/speaker-front volume control
    2 - a desktop/speaker-front mute button for when I get a phone call mid-gaming/work session
    3 - an output selector switch so that I could easily switch from headphones to speakers and back again without unplugging cables under the desk
    4 - ability ...
  5. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    RIP.

I feel I need to pay tribute to the cunning and guile of a tremendous survivor. Against all odds he had clung on, outwitting the dark forces that sought to take his life, but last night he finally succumbed and may he rest in peace.

I got to know him around 8 months ago, it'll sound odd but we first met at around 4:30Am on a partiularly early start. I was off on a business trip and was up early. He too was up early. At first it was just a movement in
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast