Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyBee View Post
    Would you consider it a full on combat ship Albert when equipped that way ? i.e. you would happily take it into CZ's and Assassinate type missions as your ship of choice ?

I must admit as much as i don't want another multi purpose ship, if it can do that and carry 250 cargo maybe i should consider it over the FDL....

And yes having spent an additional 20 mill cr on my 6 mill Asp i'd figured whichever 50 mill combat ship i buy i'd be needing nearer 150 mill to fully pimp it.... not a problem though, i'm at 30 mill already, i seem to be able to make 5-15 mill a day just playing a varied playstyle for a couple of hours so it won't take too long !
    The Asp is an explorer, it's weak in a fight unless you de-explorer it and that makes it less useful. I use my Asp when I need to go 450LY in 15 minutes. Perfect for ruins missions, that and the Diamondback X.

The Python, OB uses it pimped up for battle and for everything else, probably best to comment. I can survive a High Res fine with my Python but like all ships in a fight you must manage your shields well and know when to pop a cell or run for your life. I added a G5 clean drive tuning to my Python for that exat reason, I can run.

By the way, the Python and Asp both use the same FSD and Thrusters so these engineered parts are resusable.

The FDL needs a good well read up fighting pilot when knows how to survive as it's a glass cannon. Jump distance is low, cargo is low. It has a Huge hardpoint. It costs practically the same price as a Python.
    Cheers, Bert

Quote Originally Posted by Galatoni View Post
    May as well keep the cobra. If the worst happens you'll have another ship. Plus it's only worth pennies.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk
    8+ million it's worth... that's about 25% of my total value

SOLD Albert

I never like glass canons in any game, Python it is next then

8+ million it's worth... that's about 25% of my total value
    Yeah but most of that might be useful parts which may be engineered? Ship is worth so little.
    Cheers, Bert

SOLD Albert

I never like glass canons in any game, Python it is next then
    Good choice. FDL is a posers ship that can bought later and you'll realize after the 3rd death you should have researched tactics
    Cheers, Bert

Quote Originally Posted by albert View Post
    Yeah but most of that might be useful parts which may be engineered? Ship is worth so little.
    No engineering on the Cobra, i only started Engi when i got the Asp last week, it's worth so much as it's pretty much all A rated...

I've just tried refitting it combat ready with much shield, hull, armor improvements, just to try a few basic assasinate missions and see how bad it is/i am

So this Cobra isn't too bad in CZ's, provided a remember to run when my shields drop....

Does anyone have a full Cobra combat build that's pretty up to date though please ? everything i can find online is fairly old and i'm pretty unsure on what type of shields, bulkheads, etc are best and if i should be using all that internal space for more hull reinforcements or shield boosters etc etc.... i'm also currently running 2 x Multi cannons & 2 beam, all gimballed, but i'm thinking of going all multi cannon as they seem to do far more against the stuff i find in CZ's around dMw territory, any reason that would be a bad idea ?

Any and all opinions welcome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information