PDA

View Full Version : LFS Freezing Problems? Go Here

Gone_Away
18th July 2006, 01:58 AM
Guys, finally got around to upgrading my S1 to S2. What a difference. In Single player it's superb over S1. The physics are much much better now..

Earlier this evening I was on the Dead Men Racing server and I was experiencing all sorts of lag spikes and the like. It was like every 5 seconds or so the game would freeze for what was like a "blip". Doorman tried to sort it out to no avail. So off to LFS .net website I go..

To my suprize this problem has plagued a few peeps on the forums there. In case it ever happens to you, go here:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=3105

I followed the simple instructions and 2 reboots later and presto.. No more studdering. :clap:

I went back onto our server and problems gone.. Even got a few laps in.. Must get a wheel on payday. My Logitech Rumblepad works but it takes getting used to..

See you on the server! <GTL what?>

Doorman
18th July 2006, 02:12 PM
Top man! Well done, I was getting a bit worried there.

Bloody good find btw.

Gone_Away
18th July 2006, 04:56 PM
DFP ordered.. Lock up your petrol pumps.. Ninja's on the gas.. :dribble: :flirty:

Doorman
18th July 2006, 07:05 PM
DFP ordered.. Lock up your petrol pumps.. Ninja's on the gas.. :dribble: :flirty:
Well done again. :biggrin: :thumb:

Anonymous
18th July 2006, 08:03 PM
Guys, finally got around to upgrading my S1 to S2. What a difference. In Single player it's superb over S1. The physics are much much better now..

Earlier this evening I was on the Dead Men Racing server and I was experiencing all sorts of lag spikes and the like. It was like every 5 seconds or so the game would freeze for what was like a "blip". Doorman tried to sort it out to no avail. So off to LFS .net website I go..

To my suprize this problem has plagued a few peeps on the forums there. In case it ever happens to you, go here:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=3105

I followed the simple instructions and 2 reboots later and presto.. No more studdering. :clap:

I went back onto our server and problems gone.. Even got a few laps in.. Must get a wheel on payday. My Logitech Rumblepad works but it takes getting used to..

See you on the server! <GTL what?>Having just tried this can I offer a word of caution:

If you have an Intel HT CPU or an AMD/Intel dual core CPU then you will lose one core when you change the ACPI type. However, do it and once you have finished all your reboots use the "Rollback Driver" option to go back to the ACPI Multiprocessor HAL.

My PC is definitely feeling perkier for it :)