PDA

View Full Version : Team racing

Doorman
31st August 2006, 11:08 PM
By way of a diversion, how's about a few team races? It works like this: One way or another we choose another driver to team with, 5 laps (or whatever) by driver one and 5 laps by driver 2. I would imagine a fast driver be teamed with a slow one to even things out. That would put me with Deetzy then! :norty:
Discuss.
In the connection list there is e 'T' click on the one you want to team with. Changes occur when driver one pits. Driver two takes over and squanders a 30 second lead. Simple.

BigFatCat
1st September 2006, 08:04 AM
It's an idea. It'd need monitoring to ensure that correct driver matches occurred.

Perhaps a first race to determine finishing separations, then teams can be alotted? Open to sandbagging though<_<

It would be nice to see an handicap style result, I get sick of seeing certain people's exhausts swanning off into the distance.:byebye:

Doorman
1st September 2006, 03:05 PM
It's an idea. It'd need monitoring to ensure that correct driver matches occurred.

Perhaps a first race to determine finishing separations, then teams can be alotted? Open to sandbagging though<_<

It would be nice to see an handicap style result, I get sick of seeing certain people's exhausts swanning off into the distance.:byebye:

It would have to be a closed server. It'd be mayhem on a public! /me shivers.

We have, in the past had some damned fine handicap races but they're a bit of a faff to organise.

Final point, yeah, I know what YOU mean. Yours has got a nice chrome tailpipe. <_<

BigFatCat
1st September 2006, 03:14 PM
Yours has got a nice chrome tailpipe.
Dammit, I thought I'd skinned that titanium look.:blush2:

Deetz
3rd September 2006, 08:44 PM
Hell, I'd like to see this taken one stage further, and have 3 people per team. Over say 30 laps, no one driver to drive for more than 50% of the race in total, no driver to race for more than 10 laps at a time, so if a team wants a fast guy to do more track time it will cost them an extra pitstop, each driver must complete at least 5 laps, and possably with a compulsory tire change.:lmfao:

Not as easy to organise I know as more people would be needed, but I'm sure we could get some external (to dMr) drivers / teams to race, although we dont want things getting too serious.

It would be interesting to see diferent strategies in play. If you removed the compulsory pit stop, would a team try to do it on one set etc etc etc. (I have no idea how long a set of tyres will last ??)

Dont ask me how this would be policed, but I would not expect anyone to cheat, but if they did, ban e'm for life. :norty: unless its a dMr member and they can be derided at every opertunity for say.....10 years...

Deetz. :biggrin:

Sn00ks
3rd September 2006, 10:16 PM
Sounds interesting but I'd have to spank BT first and get them to sort out my connection. It died four times tonight :taz: :angry: