PDA

View Full Version : Bought the game

GhostMjr
31st March 2007, 04:12 AM
Hi all just to say i have lfs s2 and want to get playing it on the dmr server. I have played the demo and really want to play with some non wreckers. My next step i suppose is what do i buy as a wheel? In all i don't particularly want to spend too much on a wheel maybe 30-50 tops. I have played racing games before on my old pc such as grand prix 2 and a few recent games but have had little/ no actual wheel or pedals experience so its all new to me as i usually use the keyboard. I would be most grateful if you can give me a point in the direction as to which wheel would be most suitable.

BigFatCat
31st March 2007, 07:50 AM
If you can stretch, then get a Logitech DFP for £50-60, they're far better than the bottom end stuff and hold their value pretty well when the urge to upgrade to the G25 happens.
Less than that, there's not a lot to choose between the cheaper end. They all do the same thing more or less.

Anonymous
31st March 2007, 08:04 AM
http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=3TNQ&CategorySelectedId=11034&InMerch=1

I know it says PS2 but it works on PC - I have one

OldBloke
31st March 2007, 09:32 AM
If you can stretch, then get a Logitech DFP for £50-60, they're far better than the bottom end stuff and hold their value pretty well when the urge to upgrade to the G25 happens.
Less than that, there's not a lot to choose between the cheaper end. They all do the same thing more or less.

Totally agree. The DFP is a seriously good piece of kit. I bought mine 2nd hand after it had been thoroughly abused by its former owner and it still performs perfectly.

Doorman
31st March 2007, 04:08 PM
http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=3TNQ&CategorySelectedId=11034&InMerch=1

I know it says PS2 but it works on PC - I have one

We KNOW you have one but when are you going to UUUUSE it? Just join us and have some fun. Well no, it won't be much fun having the p*ss taken but you gotta start somewhere.
GM, listen to the nice men and get a DFP. That's all she wrote!

Anonymous
31st March 2007, 06:44 PM
We KNOW you have one but when are you going to UUUUSE it? Just join us and have some fun. Well no, it won't be much fun having the p*ss taken but you gotta start somewhere.

I'm sorry I just keep forgetting. Only usually get to play CS 1 night a week and my BF2 electrons have gone rusty!

Gone_Away
3rd April 2007, 01:30 PM

DFP FTW