PDA

View Full Version : LFS Remote

Aquilifer
20th January 2008, 03:21 PM
Just noticed there is a new feature in LFSWorld - LFS Remote (http://www.lfsworld.net/remote/). You can see the race situation on a map in your browser! Server needs to be posted into the insim relay service. Check yourself in LFSWorld.

Copied part of the help here...

LFS REMOTE Help page

LFS Remote allows you to remotely view and to some extend administer Live for Speed hosts. To have your host listed here, you must submit it to the InSim Relay service.

When viewing a host, you can move the map around and zoom in and out with your mouse. You can follow specific racers around the track by clicking on their names in the racer list to the right. Double click to zoom in. Clicking their position button shows a racing line, which might help tracking them.

EDIT: Looks like I was 5 days late :/ http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=37404

Doorman
20th January 2008, 03:40 PM
Just noticed there is a new feture in LFSWorld - LFS Remote. You can see the race situation on a map in your browser! Server needs to be posted into the insim relay service. Check yourself in LFSWorld.

Copied part of the help here...

LFS REMOTE Help page

LFS Remote allows you to remotely view and to some extend administer Live for Speed hosts. To have your host listed here, you must submit it to the InSim Relay service.

When viewing a host, you can move the map around and zoom in and out with your mouse. You can follow specific racers around the track by clicking on their names in the racer list to the right. Double click to zoom in. Clicking their position button shows a racing line, which might help tracking them.

That does sound very interesting. Checking into it now. :)

Doorman
20th January 2008, 06:38 PM
Buggered if I can work out how to get it going. Enabled LFS remote on LFS World but it keeps on showing as 'dead'. Correct IP and port but nuffin. :sad:
Ooooooldeeeeeee!

Aquilifer
20th January 2008, 06:49 PM
Buggered if I can work out how to get it going. Enabled LFS remote on LFS World but it keeps on showing as 'dead'. Correct IP and port but nuffin. :sad:
Ooooooldeeeeeee!

1) Are you sure the request has been processesd already?
"(Request will be processed manually. Please allow 24h at maximum)"

2) Did you report the INSIM port? (not the game port)

3) Is there insim port set?

Aquilifer
24th January 2008, 06:14 PM
Still nothing. Are you sure you can connect the server insim port from outside. I.e. there is no firewall blocking it? :g:

And also that there is insim port open (/insim=xxxxx in the host config file)

Doorman
29th January 2008, 02:36 PM
LFS Remote is now up and running. The insim port wasn't opened in our firewall. Thanks Gandy :thumbsup2:

Aquilifer
29th January 2008, 03:27 PM
Good. Didn't I tell to check the firewall :rolleyes:

Iron
29th January 2008, 03:51 PM
Very good! Now I can watch the long race from work. Oh wait, I can't. It starts at 21:30 (cet) and I leave work at 22:00, or leave home to go to work at 21:40, so either way, I'll miss it. :ranting2:

Doorman
29th January 2008, 06:06 PM
Good. Didn't I tell to check the firewall :rolleyes:

Ner ner na ner ner! It's not my firewall to check though.

Iron
30th April 2008, 07:12 PM
Guys, our server isn't showing up in lfs remote. It used to be, what happened?

Doorman
30th April 2008, 07:35 PM
Guys, our server isn't showing up in lfs remote. It used to be, what happened?
It's back again, it needed reactivating.

Iron
1st May 2008, 07:27 AM
It's back again, it needed reactivating.
Thanks mate! My colleagues showed interest in my sim racing, especially since I had to ask for an hour off (dunno how to say it correctly, I mean that today I should go to work at 22:00 (cet), but because the race ends at 22:30 I asked if I can go to work an hour later, at 23:00, so I can participate in the race).

So supposedly they will be following the race, or at least the second half, from work. I really do hope that I won't disappoint them. ;)

Aquilifer
1st May 2008, 11:52 AM
@Iron

Lol. I wish I had been listening when you asked the boss. Was it hard to persuade him? :)