PDA

View Full Version : Custom Map cycle

Anonymous
13th July 2008, 01:46 PM
Arm has come up with a custom map cycle to try and make things more interesting and varied. The mapcyccle is currently set to:

gametype sd map mp_crash
gametype koth map mp_bog
gametype sab map mp_overgrown
gametype sd map mp_strike
gametype dom map mp_convoy
gametype sab map mp_citystreets
gametype sd map mp_broadcast
gametype dom map mp_backlot
gametype sab map mp_pipeline
gametype koth map mp_bloc
gametype sab map mp_farm
gametype sd map mp_vacant
gametype dom map mp_carentan

Enjoy

Bastet
13th July 2008, 02:33 PM
Are you able to run a ranked server with custom maps? otherwise that might be a nice way to get some more tactical maps in :)
Looking good though, good work!

Armitage
13th July 2008, 02:50 PM
The Server is still ranked. so see you tonight :D

Whitey
13th July 2008, 05:14 PM
Is there a post with a link to the custom maps to save me looking for them? I have looked but couldn't find anything. :)

Armitage
13th July 2008, 06:10 PM
don't worry whitey, you will have all the maps you need for tonight

Anonymous
13th July 2008, 07:16 PM
Is there a post with a link to the custom maps to save me looking for them? I have looked but couldn't find anything. :)
All the maps are from the game and the 1.6 patch

Whitey
13th July 2008, 07:43 PM
Good stuff.

Bastet
13th July 2008, 08:36 PM
I have to say this map cycle is a lot better for us then HQ, and still provides some aliviation from just playing S&D. Very good work, and good games :boxing:

Armitage
13th July 2008, 09:11 PM
I thought it played really well tonight. So it's going to keep like this for a week. any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Benny
13th July 2008, 10:32 PM
Some good games tonight. Dom was good but still very solo, it's a shame you can't force the order. Perhaps an agreement to go in order A-B-C for one side, C-B-A for the other.

Bloc for HQ is rubbish.

Anonymous
13th July 2008, 10:44 PM
Some good games tonight. Dom was good but still very solo, it's a shame you can't force the order. Perhaps an agreement to go in order A-B-C for one side, C-B-A for the other.

Bloc for HQ is rubbish.
Im starting to think that Bloc (although a good cod4 map) just doesn't work for us or meet our needs. Might be time to drop it rfom the order or try it on DOM where you would be more spread out.? Thoughts

Benny
13th July 2008, 10:57 PM
I like the map, as S&D it was ok. We should cater for sniping, it is enjoyable and it's a shame to lose a good map early on.

Armitage
14th July 2008, 07:13 AM
Bloc HQ went really well for me. But I thought DOM mode didn't play well at all. But my team capped every HQ apart from one, during the whole game. always seeming to be one step a head. But my experience of Dom mode was unorganized carnage. struggling to hold one flag. I did think SAB played really well.

***Freestyler***
14th July 2008, 06:14 PM
DOM is the worst type we can have. It involves NO real teamwork, its a choas, solo game. As a tactical clan we should be playing tactical games, not free for all types.

My opinion...dont have DOM, Free For All. They is NOTHING tactical about them, but i do understand we are in test phase.

My 2 cents :)

ChimpBoy
14th July 2008, 06:52 PM
DOM is the worst type we can have. It involves NO real teamwork, its a choas, solo game. As a tactical clan we should be playing tactical games, not free for all types.

My opinion...dont have DOM, Free For All. They is NOTHING tactical about them, but i do understand we are in test phase.

My 2 cents :)

I don't really agree - DOM is essentially the same as BF2 which has been so popular with dMw for so long. Like all of the non-bomb game types, it rewards the team work that we put in. If you coordinate, you win more often than not. Many was the time on Sunday night when I and A.N.Other would strategically camp a site to hold the flag, or try and work in small groups to flank and capture another enemy held flag. At the very least, it's not random like HQ.

Blunt
14th July 2008, 06:59 PM
I'm afraid I don't understand HQ at all:blink:

target
14th July 2008, 07:04 PM
I think the only game type that can't be played tactically is free-for-all - its way too manic.

All the others styles, including TDM, can be played tactically and you can really wipe the floor with an unorganised opposition if you do.

DuVeL
15th July 2008, 08:14 AM
I'm afraid I don't understand HQ at all:blink:

HQ, get the HQ before the enemy does. Capture and defend.
The more people on it the faster you get the flag.
When you die while defending it takes a while to respawn (or you'll have to wait untill the enemy destroys your HQ).
Attackers respawn pretty fast.

The map Bloc;
Great map. Really tactical map and REALLY good for sniping.
Depends for which game mode though.
I think this map might be worth something for the LAN (1 team vs another).

Dr Sadako
15th July 2008, 08:47 AM
The map Bloc;
Great map. Really tactical map and REALLY good for sniping.
Depends for which game mode though.
I think this map might be worth something for the LAN (1 team vs another).

It is funny how you experience maps. I find Bloc being one of the worst maps to be honest irrespectively of what mode it is played in. The fact that some just snipe the entire duration of the map doesn't make it better imho.

DuVeL
15th July 2008, 09:07 AM
It is funny how you experience maps. I find Bloc being one of the worst maps to be honest irrespectively of what mode it is played in. The fact that some just snipe the entire duration of the map doesn't make it better imho.

Snipers can be easily picked off if you know the spots.
I used to take out snipers by using diversions and such. The map Bloc is on off the maps where you need to use your smokegrenades alot and also your flashes and stuns.
Sniping is in the game, it's also in CSS. There's loads of gitspots to snipe from and I finished alot of sniperchallenges on that 1. There are 3 more maps that are excellent for sniping.

Dr Sadako
15th July 2008, 01:31 PM
Snipers can be easily picked off if you know the spots.
I used to take out snipers by using diversions and such. The map Bloc is on off the maps where you need to use your smokegrenades alot and also your flashes and stuns.

I know how to play the map. It is just that I don't think it offers much variation or challenges in tactics or teamplay. I find the layout of the map quite poor with limited options. If both teams commit most of the time to snipe and the objective is rarely completed then I think it tells you a lot about the map.

I completed a lot of my sniper challenges on Shipment, that doesn't make that a good map either.

Sniping is in the game, it's also in CSS. There's loads of gitspots to snipe from and I finished alot of sniperchallenges on that 1. There are 3 more maps that are excellent for sniping.

Sure it is a part of the game, but it is not the objective of the game, at least not from my view of how we play in dMw. From that point of view you could argue to remove the awp/autosniper restriction on our CSS servers ...
The good thing with our type of CSS in this regard is the restriction of AWP/Autosniper but also a amount limit on the scout. These limitations emphasizes the objective point of view of the game and makes the sniper more of a support weapon.
If you don't complete the objective and just snipe your team will suffer economically from that. In CoD 4 this doesn't apply more than you lose the round.

In CoD4 everyone can be snipers and most of the time these people goes and does their thing. That is not teamplay to me and thus I don't think having maps that A) has a poor layout B) encourages people to most of the time select the sniping class and C) reduces the teamplay should be on our wish list.

Salvatore Buttafacio
15th July 2008, 02:53 PM
Agree with sadako's above post.

Bloc turns into a frag-fest sniper war, sniping and ignoring the objective is still fraghunting.
With HQ mode on, half the team ends up on the other side of the map sniping to cover the HQ site, not very good teamwork.
So I think bloc is total ***** and will be happy when its removed :rolleyes:

It's not like you cant snipe on other maps too, nearly all have a few git spots / long corridors, sadako even manages it on shipment somehow?:g:

Dr Sadako
15th July 2008, 02:58 PM
sadako even manages it on shipment somehow?:g:

There is an open container in the center of the map. Go into that container and crouch/prone. You will have a spawnpoint across. Try it on a free for all and you have you challenges completed in no time ... boring but effective.

DuVeL
16th July 2008, 06:59 AM
That is with HQ but there ARE other modes.
And as we're dMw; objective it is.
:byebye: