PDA

View Full Version : COD5 Online

DarkAngel
29th December 2008, 06:29 PM
After buying the game going through single player i began to enjoy it and thought yeah what a fun game.

Then i decide to play multiplayer and got to quite a good rank, i then leave the server come back finding my profile is offline and i cant get back on? When i manage to get my profile back online my rank is reset..... :taz:

Is there anyway to get it back as this has really annoyed me :crying:

Anonymous
29th December 2008, 06:39 PM
Your profile is stored locally on your PC and, as with CoD4 (http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=23801), it is advisable to keep it backed up. Not sure where it is stored on your PC but I use Vista and my CoD5 profile is in C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\play ers\

Sparko
29th December 2008, 06:59 PM
Tell me about it, there are more bugs on the multiplayer side of cod5 than in my shed!!, i keep getting the server authentication failure message after trying to get on to a different server. There is a workaround, you have to come out of cod5 go back in refresh server list, come back out again then go in and it loads you profile, you are then able to connect to a server, this was offcial advice from official site....:ranting2::ranting2: i mean how stupid!!!!, .................:woot2:

apart from that though, good game :narnar:

DuVeL
29th December 2008, 07:05 PM
Same as CoD4 as BB said, make a backup from your useprofile.
Sometimes joining a custom maps makes your nice stats go away.

T-Bag
29th December 2008, 07:50 PM
I just bought CoD4 and exactly the same thing happened. Got to rank 6 on one server, have a cup of tea, go back in and theres an issue and I'm back to rank 1. Managed to make it all back on the next server, but I imagine with higher levels it would be very annoying. Sort of thing Steam Clound thingy should put a stop to.