PDA

View Full Version : current level of behavior on the server

kregoron
12th March 2010, 08:35 PM
As no one else seem to realise, or at least say it, the current state on our server is below our standards, is the server to be brought to the lvl of our other servers...

Current issues:

Swearing and general foul language: Currently there is being nothing done to prevent even the worst bits of it, we got people running around screaming NOOB all over the server, and people actually threatening to kill and rape other peoples families.

Win team joining: We currently do nothing agaisnt this, ive seen a admin ask to balance the team once mayybe twice, but no actions has been taken.

Play style: we currently do not even try to ask people to play within a sense of tactical, most run around and frag, while a minor group actually works on doing their job. And we got insane amounts of spawn camping.

I know that the game is new, but is it now we should stand aside from the rest and build a regular base. Currently we do not differ from any of the 20 gazilion other servers, and chances that they will notice us and visit our forums are slim at best.

Have we sunk to the level of the rest, being nothing more then a frag community, who basicly allows people to act like pricks, and disregard anything requested by the admins

TeaLeaf
12th March 2010, 08:43 PM
Use your Admin powers then and keep GM in the loop so he can take action. The behaviour is obvious, it's yoru job as an Admin to keep the standards up at the apprioriate level, which is why you have server admin powers.

Let's all keep on top of this please to make sure our server is known for the quality of play, not anything else.

kregoron
12th March 2010, 08:46 PM
Use your Admin powers then and keep GM in the loop so he can take action. The behaviour is obvious, it's yoru job as an Admin to keep the standards up at the apprioriate level, which is why you have server admin powers.

Let's all keep on top of this please to make sure our server is known for the quality of play, not anything else.

im not a bfbc2 admin

TeaLeaf
12th March 2010, 09:02 PM
Ah, my mistake, was reading your CSS post at the time, so kinda got the lists confused! :blush:

GM! Your hot potato, go sort please!

Lexander
12th March 2010, 09:05 PM
I agree that there needs to be more admin control, sometimes there are like 10 snipers per side sitting on hills, on a rush game mode it is impossible to win like it.
The game is at its best when people work as a team and go for the objective. And this doesn't even need comms if people know what to do.
It is not all bad, but at the start people need more guidance like in every other game that dMw plays.

Penfold
12th March 2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the heads-up.

IMHO, if any member sees bad behaviour on the forum they should politely try to educate or, failing that, tell an admin (or find one if none are on).

We REALLY need to get more people into the Community - which was one of our reasons for our early adoption of this game - so it's really important that we show people our ethos and style from the start. We HAVE to promote our gameplay, tactical and teamwork standards or else it's pointless in having a server in our name as ultimately it'll do us more harm than good.

I'm sure GM will jump on it once he reads this :).

valdeko
12th March 2010, 09:44 PM
The thing is atm the admin tools for BFBC2 are seriously lacking in commands. The only valid and useful tool is the kick button but you cant use that very often and to be fair large amount of ppl just ignore the big flashing text in the middle of the screen that also shares the room with objectives shouts.

So its not that we are lacking its the game that lacks control atm.

Penfold
12th March 2010, 09:56 PM
Bah. Add that to the list of irritating things about BC2 :angry:. No ban?

I guess if the only recourse if to kick people then so be it. If they ain't listening when repeatedly warned over VC's then kick them as they're not the sort of people we want anyway.

Perhaps they'll sort it in a patch .... we can but hope :rolleyes:

kregoron
12th March 2010, 10:06 PM
The thing is atm the admin tools for BFBC2 are seriously lacking in commands. The only valid and useful tool is the kick button but you cant use that very often and to be fair large amount of ppl just ignore the big flashing text in the middle of the screen that also shares the room with objectives shouts.

So its not that we are lacking its the game that lacks control atm.

If the kick works, use it... use a warning first, even if they ignore it, they have been warned simple..

and yes the kick button works just fine, as i just got kicked by a admin, no not the server as the kick message stated otherwise

kregoron
12th March 2010, 10:15 PM
Bah. Add that to the list of irritating things about BC2 :angry:. No ban?

I guess if the only recourse if to kick people then so be it. If they ain't listening when repeatedly warned over VC's then kick them as they're not the sort of people we want anyway.

Perhaps they'll sort it in a patch .... we can but hope :rolleyes:
yes ban works

[BIG]magnus
12th March 2010, 11:03 PM
If the kick works, use it... use a warning first, even if they ignore it, they have been warned simple..

and yes the kick button works just fine, as i just got kicked by a admin, no not the server as the kick message stated otherwise

Hi Kreg really sorry I have no idea how that happened. We can check the logs to see what happened. You should not be kicked. I have noticed that the admin tool sometimes kicks more than one person even though you select just the one. The admin panel seems to be as flakey as the EA connection at the moment. Thankfully you got back in but sadly this must happen to public players as well. I noticed it happened with me a few nights ago.

p.s. Yes I am sure BAN is working.

p.p.s You also sometimes get and admin kick for being idle!! I must be kicked alot idle hand and all that.

T-Bag
12th March 2010, 11:05 PM
It's unacceptable. Message me on steam if it happens again and I'll give the offenders a ban. I don't mind the odd bit of playing like a tit, but voice comms are one of the things we do well here, we should focus on encouraging them by banning people that ruin them for everyone.

GhostMjr
12th March 2010, 11:25 PM
Kreg i have read your comments and see where you are coming from.

The experience i want to provide to all community members in the section and those who join the server is of friendship and trust.

The game is in short new to us and to the gaming community across the world.

I and my team are working extremely hard to formulate rules strategies and ways to combat the server issues you have outlined with what tools are out there at the moment.

I take your comments seriously and I myself am investing vast amounts of time to get everything sorted as soon as I can.

The foundations that we set are the priority and have to be strong for the section to grow and build on in the future. Without these key elements the section will not be a strong section and these bricks and mortar unfortunately take time and I hope to have everything sorted as soon as we can.

In the meantime I am discussing various short term options that could cut down swearing and teamkilling on the server with my team and will post up the outcomes shortly.

Regards,

GM

kregoron
12th March 2010, 11:43 PM
In the meantime I am discussing various short term options that could cut down swearing and teamkilling on the server with my team and will post up the outcomes shortly.
Honestly, whats there to discuss..

we got the rules outlined for the other shooter based games, and their quite frankly easy to adopt..

Swearing: Not allowed as usual across the community, we are a mature community where such has no place, if people cannot accept this, then this isnt the place for them to be.

teamkilling: same as before, we got the rules set, deliberat teamkilling = kick and or ban, depending if the player has done it before. We are a tactical community and rules should be set acordingly, else we just become yet another frag community.

bounds: spawn killing should not be allowed, you are to complete your objective simple, rush its fairly easy to implement.. you stick near the m-com stations, you do no run off to farm players.
And using unintended map locations should not be allowed. we have never condoned this, and we should not be starting to do so now..

camping: this i can see is a bit tricky, but rules like the ones over at F2B could be implemented. They are a follows: You are allowed to camp with a sniper at a location for 3 minutes, other weapons for 2 minutes. time amount can be changed as see fit, depending on location and objective.

teamswapping: you do not swap teams if it unbalances the teams. no there is yet no function to swap people, but as previously stated, warning/kick works, and if they swap to winjoin, then they are not something we should be interested in having on our server.

the recruitment base in bfbc2 is huge, and we should be able to recruit a fair amount of people willing to play for our style, which has worked for eons.

We should encourage people to work in they squads. hence the reason i suggested the squad schooling.

Tutonic
12th March 2010, 11:48 PM
My suggestion: We should use the in-game comms, instead of TeamSpeak.

Yes, I know it's not as good, but if people see us having a good time and playing BC2 'the right way' they might be more inclined to join in. We can also use it to educate the naughty ones, instead of wading in with the kickhammer (those flashing server messages plainly do not work.

At the moment we're isolated from the players who join our server - lets interact with them a bit more and win some friends.

[BIG]magnus
12th March 2010, 11:52 PM
My suggestion: We should use the in-game comms, instead of TeamSpeak.

Yes, I know it's not as good, but if people see us having a good time and playing BC2 'the right way' they might be more inclined to join in. We can also use it to educate the naughty ones, instead of wading in with the kickhammer (those flashing server messages plainly do not work.

At the moment we're isolated from the players who join our server - lets interact with them a bit more and win some friends.

Best way to do it. Sadly the in game comms are down as EA is still broken. The hamster must have died.

Penfold
13th March 2010, 12:01 AM
I agree. Using in-game comms (when available) is a critical and integral part of the recruitment process. Welcoming people, positive reinforcement and admin reinforcement etc.

sulky_uk
13th March 2010, 12:12 AM
ok so i know i havent been round recently but here is my take on things
if using teamspeak is there not an admin set of options where you can mute ppl, wouldnt this be better than banning someone?

as for the swearing, yes there is some, come on l4d/2 on a good night when the server is full and there is a certain amount of it, its not aimed at anyone its just what happens when you have a load of mature ppl playing a game, we dont condone it but there is going to be some, and to be honest sometimes a swear word at a certain point on a level can have everyone on the server in fits of laughter.

im not saying its acceptable but we are all adults here

kregoron
13th March 2010, 02:43 AM
ok so i know i havent been round recently but here is my take on things
if using teamspeak is there not an admin set of options where you can mute ppl, wouldnt this be better than banning someone?

as for the swearing, yes there is some, come on l4d/2 on a good night when the server is full and there is a certain amount of it, its not aimed at anyone its just what happens when you have a load of mature ppl playing a game, we dont condone it but there is going to be some, and to be honest sometimes a swear word at a certain point on a level can have everyone on the server in fits of laughter.

im not saying its acceptable but we are all adults here

when you hear people using words like c***, n0** and such on our own TS, it disturbs me..
if you cant refrain from using highly degrading words like that, then you should turn off your microphone.
Yes were are all adults here, hence then reason we should all be mature enough to controll what were saying on coms!

Lexander
13th March 2010, 05:53 AM
I don't care if people swear or not, we are all adults here mostly. And the problem is not what we do, the problem is how we get others to play like us. There have been really good games on the dMw server, and it is always nice to hear a good banter while playing. But then when it starts to go wrong it goes, people are swapping sides on the basics of which team leads and start fraghunting with recon class etc.

And this is a minor adjustment after all, not as bad as I found on some random server where people got always booted when they outscored the admins :roflmao:

sulky_uk
13th March 2010, 02:28 PM
tbh i dont think ive ever heard the c word on our servers, the f word yes.........

moderation is the key

kregoron
13th March 2010, 03:22 PM
tbh i dont think ive ever heard the c word on our servers, the f word yes.........

moderation is the key

in respons ill quote from the TOS we all agreed to follow when joining this community

Members should maintain a professional level of conduct at all times. Please keep your language and behaviour in the forums, on our teamspeak servers or whenever you are online at that same level. Play as though you are an example for other players and set a good one. New members or visitors to our servers will often follow examples set by veteran players, good OR bad.

TeaLeaf
13th March 2010, 04:22 PM
Quoting the rule book doesn't help. Admin'ing the server does.

Penfold
13th March 2010, 04:52 PM
This thread has changed tack and is no longer about admin'ing on the BC2 Server but about the rules in general.

Let's keep it to admin'ing in relation to the current framework of rules that we have all agreed to. That includes no swearing. The odd slip is OK, consistent swearing is not.

If anyone wants a wider discussion about our governance framework then you're more than welcome to start one in the right forum. :)

Thanks

BrotherTobious
13th March 2010, 04:55 PM
Even though I am not a admin I have made warnings to players. And I belive that any admin or member can all pitch in with language issues. As for the camping it not camping defending the capture points. It part of the game you have to protect them.

Did the timing thing work on CS? If your talking about just sitting in a hill and snipping then I agree we need to have a word. But the timing I belive it would very difficult to enforce.

Agreed with in game comms very flaky but we need them to get people in.

kregoron
13th March 2010, 10:58 PM
Quoting the rule book doesn't help. Admin'ing the server does.

This thread has changed tack and is no longer about admin'ing on the BC2 Server but about the rules in general.

My post was in relation to the admining on the bfbc2 server, tho i realise it wasnt showing in my post.. (stop making posts when being sleepy)

I intended to point out that, as a admin, you are a representative of the community, an ambasador.. new comers, will look to you to tell em what is not allowed..
It is their outmost duty to make sure these rules are upheld at all times.

kregoron
13th March 2010, 11:00 PM
Did the timing thing work on CS? If your talking about just sitting in a hill and snipping then I agree we need to have a word. But the timing I belive it would very difficult to enforce.

We never implemented it on the dmw css section, as it was never needed, but we use it on the F2B's cod4 servers to stop people from camping for to long..