PDA

View Full Version : If its ok

Gibbo
17th March 2010, 03:19 PM
I play the xbox360 and i do plaay bfbc2 and i have a couple of frieends on it that play it to also i was woundering if i could use the clan tag on it i have three friends that are using it also so i was woundering if it is ok if i could do that???

Penfold
17th March 2010, 03:25 PM
It's OK for you to use the tag as you have a green gaming badge but they shouldn't use the tag (unless they have a gaming badge for dMw).

Tag:
Anyone with a current gaming section badge must use dMw. as their tag in BFBC2 - i.e. dMw.<name> for existing badge members.
Anyone without a current gaming section badge must not wear any form of dMw tag.

Gibbo
17th March 2010, 10:01 PM
but i dont have a pc to play it shall i pm tea leaf about this?

Soon Jung
17th March 2010, 10:06 PM
You are not to use the tags unless you have been rewarded with the green badge. When you're active on the forums and on our servers you will be getting your reward. Same goes for your friends, they arent allowed unless they have the badge.

TeaLeaf
17th March 2010, 10:11 PM
He already has a green badge!

Soon Jung
17th March 2010, 10:14 PM
He already has a green badge!

My bad, I thought you needed a specific badge for bf2, and not for a different game. Ignore me.

Snokio
17th March 2010, 10:23 PM
What she said! :blink::g::tumbleweed:

Whitey
17th March 2010, 11:06 PM
I'll try and clarify.... BFBC2 is not a supported game and does not have a badge or official game tag. As is the case with all of the games we play, if you have a badge from any game then you are entitled to use the .dMw tag after your name on dMw run servers. Due to the naming restrictions and the tag position on BFBC2 you cannot have the .dMw after your name so we decided in this instance to have it at the start. If/When the game is supported there will be a new tag for people who earn the badge. :)

Cadaver
18th March 2010, 12:56 PM
So what about calling himself dMw.Gibbo when he plays BFBC2 on his XBOX?

Which, unless I am mistaken, is what he was asking in the first place.

Whitey
18th March 2010, 01:14 PM
So what about calling himself dMw.Gibbo when he plays BFBC2 on his XBOX?

Which, unless I am mistaken, is what he was asking in the first place.

Penfold already said it was OK as he has a green badge from another game.
My post was to try and clarify why it is OK...(obviously not clearly enough):flirty:

Penfold
18th March 2010, 01:37 PM
/reaches for popcorn

FrEnZy
18th March 2010, 01:45 PM
What about real life? Can I change my middle name to .dmw or would it have to be my last name?

BrotherTobious
18th March 2010, 01:49 PM
I give some money towards de poll if you serious :)

Cadaver
18th March 2010, 02:27 PM
Penfold already said it was OK as he has a green badge from another game.
My post was to try and clarify why it is OK...(obviously not clearly enough):flirty:

I get that. The bit about using a dMw. tag whilst gaming on non-dMw servers (which an XBOX/PS3 is) is the only thing that's ambiguous here. Apologies if my question wasn't clear enough the first time around.

if you have a badge from any game then you are entitled to use the .dMw tag after your name on dMw run servers.That part of your post prompted my question. :flirty:

So, what is the community stance on using a dMw-esque tag if you're playing a game (be it supported or not) on a console? Or don't we have one yet?

:)

Whitey
18th March 2010, 07:03 PM
I get that. The bit about using a dMw. tag whilst gaming on non-dMw servers (which an XBOX/PS3 is) is the only thing that's ambiguous here. Apologies if my question wasn't clear enough the first time around.

That part of your post prompted my question. :flirty:

So, what is the community stance on using a dMw-esque tag if you're playing a game (be it supported or not) on a console? Or don't we have one yet?

:)

If it's not a dMw run server and you don't have the tags for that specific game then you shouldn't be using them is the way I remember it.

Cadaver
18th March 2010, 11:39 PM
Cool. Thanks for clearing that up. :thumb:

Gibbo - using dMw tags on the XBOX are a no-no.