PDA

View Full Version : Alt-Tab problem and other bugs

Blunt
17th April 2010, 03:58 PM
Since I've had the game I've had Alt-tab problems. I know that Duvel has the same/similar bug.
When I alt-tab sometimes the game just simply closes, sometimes not.
I also have a long and annoying wait when I alt-tab back in. The screen goes white for a bit then black for a bit then eventually I get back in.

I also seem to have problems at map change. when the new map has loaded, my screen is black except for everyones tags. I have to alt-tab to cure it.

Alt-tab, the cause and cure for my problems*:blink:

*aplogies to Homer J Simpson

Penfold
17th April 2010, 04:04 PM
Weird.

I can't alt-tab out unless I hit ctrl-alt-delete. Then I can hit task manager which then accesses windows and the game goes into a windowed mode. Then it'll go full screen again when I re-click the game window. Once I've done that once I can alt-tab out as needed and so far it doesn't crash.

I doubt that helps but hey ho.

lionheart
17th April 2010, 05:27 PM
Im Ok with Alt-Tabbing my problem was long game loads. When changing maps the game took ages to load, 30 or 40 secs.

ATI have released a beta driver that has fixed this prob, I can now load in about 6 secs. Apparently it was a known issue with ATI cards and Win7 64.

If you've got an ATI graphics card it may be worth trying the new drivers.

lionheart
17th April 2010, 05:29 PM
Link for new ATI drivers (http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATI-Catalyst-10-4-Hotfix.aspx).

T-Bag
17th April 2010, 05:57 PM
Definitely putting these on. I'm on win 7 x64 with a 4870, and everyone always beats me into the game. I thought it was because it was on a slow hard-drive and REALLY badly in need of a defrag, but I'll give this a go.

Blunt
17th April 2010, 06:09 PM
downloading now, feedback later:)

RizZy
17th April 2010, 06:20 PM
The new Ati drivers made a whole load of difference to me, it took ages for me to get in game before using the newest ones, people where capping flags by the time I was in, with the new ones I barely have time to see how my unlocks are doing!

I have the alt-tab thing going on too, tried to do it yesterday so I could change teams on TS & the game just wouldn't have it, eventually after leaving & rejoining I got put on the other team, which left me needing to switch again, I figured try something different - my keyboard has a my docs shortcut on it, so I hit that & it worked a treat.

On another note, I was reading the bf:bc2 forums the other day & it sounded like there's a patch on its way pretty soon, we'll have to wait & see what it fixes & what it breaks.

kregoron
18th April 2010, 08:27 PM
The ATI Catalyst 10.4 Preview provides resolution for the following issue:

Long load times for new maps in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 when using an ATI Radeon HD 5xxx series graphics card

a driver fix for the rest should be out within the week

T-Bag
18th April 2010, 10:46 PM
I'm on a 4870, and it's made no noticeable difference to the extraordinary long time it takes me to get in...shame.

Gone_Away
19th April 2010, 12:32 AM
If you shift-tab into friends you should be able to alt-tab out.. working for me since the beta..

Blunt
19th April 2010, 12:32 AM
tried this one for 2 nights...no discernible difference:eyebrow:

kregoron
19th April 2010, 01:40 AM
I'm on a 4870, and it's made no noticeable difference to the extraordinary long time it takes me to get in...shame.
thats because the current 10.4 driver fix only solves it with 5xxx series cards for the time being, tho they stated that it should be fixed for all series within a week

T-Bag
19th April 2010, 07:12 PM
thats because the current 10.4 driver fix only solves it with 5xxx series cards for the time being, tho they stated that it should be fixed for all series within a week

Yup by the time I saw your post I'd already put on the drivers and thought I'd post my findings.

Blunt
19th April 2010, 07:35 PM
If you shift-tab into friends you should be able to alt-tab out.. working for me since the beta..
I will try this later. It still takes ages to get back into game (if it doesn't crash that is).
I'm still suffering from black screen at round start:angry:

Tutonic
19th April 2010, 07:58 PM
Have you tried upgrading motherboard/chipset drivers?

Blunt
21st April 2010, 12:26 PM
Have you tried upgrading motherboard/chipset drivers?
"Crash fixes relating to ALT+TAB at different times throughout the game"
hopefully the update will sort my woes.

I've got another problem now, for some weird reason my game has suddenly gone into window mode, with a header bar visible top screen. I can't find any way to get rid of it:g:
there are no icons to click to maximise, just an X which closes the game.

Tutonic
21st April 2010, 12:27 PM
"Crash fixes relating to ALT+TAB at different times throughout the game"
hopefully the update will sort my woes.

I've got another problem now, for some weird reason my game has suddenly gone into window mode, with a header bar visible top screen. I can't find any way to get rid of it:g:
there are no icons to click to maximise, just an X which closes the game.

I had the same problem just the other night - hitting Alt-Enter twice cured it for me.

Blunt
21st April 2010, 12:34 PM
Cheers Tut:yahoo:

lionheart
21st April 2010, 09:06 PM
Latest version (http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATI-Catalyst-10-4-a-Hotfix.aspx) for the 4 series

T-Bag
22nd April 2010, 12:18 AM
Latest version (http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATI-Catalyst-10-4-a-Hotfix.aspx) for the 4 series

I was about to post this. I'm downloading now.

kregoron
22nd April 2010, 04:07 AM
it works, been playing with it since last night, loading times down from 30-40 secs to about 10..
oddly enough, fps increased by a odd 8-10%

Blunt
22nd April 2010, 10:52 AM
Link for new ATI drivers (http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATI-Catalyst-10-4-Hotfix.aspx).

Aren't these the same?

kregoron
22nd April 2010, 11:05 AM
nope the first you link is hte 10.4 drivers which fixed the loading issue on the rad 5xxx series only.

the second one is the 10.4a which solves the issue on 5000, 4000, 3000, 2000 series cards