PDA

View Full Version : FF on? FF off?

Blunt
28th April 2010, 12:13 AM
It's on atm and it's making our server show as hardcore in the browser.

I would obviously prefer the realism of having it on, but after playing for many hours on a server with FF off (without realising), I can honestly say I didn't notice the difference.

I think we should turn it off for a bit to see if the server fills up a bit more. (we played 3v3 during peak hours tonight in the vain hope that some people would join...they didn't).

What do you lot think?

FrEnZy
28th April 2010, 12:40 AM
Well i'd personally prefer to have FF on, as this makes the explosive weapons a bit more risky and less spammy.

But not if it's gonna cause our server to be empty.

T-Bag
28th April 2010, 01:31 AM
I don't really mind. Sort of prefer it on because it's more DMW, but it doesn't make too much difference in the more open battles of the game, compared to say CS:S where it really cured that itchy trigger finger.

Tutonic
28th April 2010, 09:01 AM
Well i'd personally prefer to have FF on, as this makes the explosive weapons a bit more risky and less spammy.

But not if it's gonna cause our server to be empty.

I concur.

Gone_Away
28th April 2010, 10:14 AM
I think it should stay on. I also think we should remove the kill cam as well.

We're a tactical gaming community and we should remain that way imho.

Lexander
28th April 2010, 10:40 AM
If we are going tactical, then put HC on and kill cam off + FF ON.
But if not, then the FF should be off in my opinion because of the fast pace of the game.

Dewey
28th April 2010, 04:52 PM
Lex, while I agree with you about the setup - people on these forums keep banging on about tactics but none of those things mentioned in this thread have anything to do with making the game more tactical.

So switching on HC/FF and KC won't mean -'we are going tactical' - it will mean it will probably make the game slightly more realistic and less forgiving - which I applaud.

If we are going tactical, then put HC on and kill cam off + FF ON.
But if not, then the FF should be off in my opinion because of the fast pace of the game.

GhostMjr
28th April 2010, 07:03 PM
This server's main and primary purpose is to facilitate us the community and widen our fanbase.

To widen our fanbase we do need to make some sacrifices and so far with all the EA updates and changes its hard for us to stick to one config.

To be frank having the server on ff is a good idea however if we run the server as ff it shows as hardcore as blunt states and i have been in discussion with multiplay about this to and fro all week.

If any of these settings exist a server will display as Hardcore.

Quote:
isHardcore = true
infoFriendlyFire = true
infoAutoBalance = false
infoKillCam = false
infoMiniMap = false
infoCrosshair = false
info3DSpotting = false
infoMiniMapSpotting = false
info3PersonVehicleCameras = false

It's difficult to see where we will be tomorrow let alone next week.

This is one of the topics i will be discussing with my admin team at the lan and we will get back to the community as a whole shortly afterwards.

DannagE
29th April 2010, 05:01 PM
This server's main and primary purpose is to facilitate us the community and widen our fanbase.

Just going at this statement alone...with it showing as hardcore we don't seem to be getting as many people onto the server when it should be packed at peak times.