PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Class

Gone_Away
20th August 2010, 01:34 AM
Guys,

One of the things that I see is important in squads is getting the class balance correct. As we have some scrims lined up, I thought that I would start a thread so we can post our personal class favourites or preferences.

I also find that having two medics in a squad very effective. Especially if you have to break into two and split up.

So... What's your poison?

valdeko
20th August 2010, 08:08 AM
My poison is.... what ever is needed to win (in my own opinion).
Each round i roughly play 2 to 3 diffrent classes.
Cant really say that i have a fav. class, i play them all equally.

Naldo
20th August 2010, 09:06 AM
Defence = Assault
Attack = Assault/medic

If its a vehicle map then I will go engineer first to set to try and deal with the first wave of tanks.

RizZy
20th August 2010, 09:41 AM
In order of preference -

Recon,
Assault,
Medic,
Engineer.

I don't mind any of the 1st 3, I just don't get on with engineer so well, but I'm happy to go with what ever's needed.

Gone_Away
20th August 2010, 10:41 AM
For me personally.

Medic
Engineer

I spend most of my time in these classes. Both are equally as good on defence and offence.

KKND
20th August 2010, 10:51 AM
Medic also as this class has so far the best weapon for me!

lionheart
20th August 2010, 11:25 AM
Assault and medic are my faves but it depends on the map and what is needed.

sulky_uk
20th August 2010, 03:16 PM
anything as long as i dont get spawn killed

Le Rouge
22nd August 2010, 12:03 AM
hard to say, as I am still at level 13 :-) unlocking weapons, but I would say Assualt/Engineer/Recon, with no special preference.
I assume Medic would fit me well (I was one, in the army), but I just can't bear to use the early LMG... in order to proceed to normal LMGs.

Blunt
22nd August 2010, 01:35 AM
I will be whatever is useful to m y squad, but I default medic and usually stay that.
Lately I've been attempting recon when I can be useful.
I think it's a mistake to rigidly stick to a class regardless of the situation...
...but I am pretty useful as a medic, and I haven't any patients complaining so far.

valdeko
23rd August 2010, 12:29 AM
Ofc they dont complain, since you dont rez the ppl who complain and they usually stay dead.

Blunt
23rd August 2010, 01:27 AM
Ofc they dont complain, since you dont rez the ppl who complain and they usually stay dead.
Well, you do have a point Acid.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but when I'm medic I watch my mini-map for corpses all the time, and often die trying to rev someone.
I also try to kill the enemy 1st before I zap my comrades, but this is often impossible.
I get the feeling that alot of people choose medic for the gun alone (when I see them step over corpses)
I also pick up medic kit to revive when I'm playing other classes...
maybe I'm a bit obsessive about it, but I hate to see bodies lying around, it's just untidy:sideways:

Sn00ks
24th August 2010, 09:57 AM
As a Medic it is your job to medic and for each revive your team gets another point. It is silly to step over corpses and not do anything, but then some people are obsessed with their kill count.

At least I know if Blunt is near he'll do his best to zap me :)

I like the medic and grunt classes best, probably because I have not really played the engineer or recon ones extensively. I guess it depends on the map and how we're doing as some lend themselves to specific classes more than others.

Tomcornwall
24th September 2010, 08:20 PM
Interesting topic this one. There is alot more to each class then just the gun your carrying, as im sure your all aware of. Like some people have said im sure somepeople play as medic because thats the class with the belt fed machine guns. Recon is a much underestmated class I think its much more than just a scoped high power rifle.... to many snipers, especially on rush mode however are not particularly helpful. What makes BC2 interesting is that you dont get to play the same class all the time if you want to help your team win.

As for my favourite class, that would probably be recon if you go by stats. But I must admit I am quite keen on the shotguns loaded with magmun sabots.

Take a look at this youtube video if you like, sure it was made with the 360 in mind but same rules can apply to PC too.
"Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - How Not To Be A Noob" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14