PDA

View Full Version : Rules & Spawn Camping

TwoBad
20th October 2010, 09:51 AM
Hi guys

I have a question regarding the server rules and what is / isn’t considered acceptable game play.

During some of last nights conquest games (Atacama Desert) some of the enemy sat in the back of our base waiting for the chopper to spawn so they could steel it. During this time they of course were killing us. On one occasion I was shot in the back without moving a split second after spawning in the back of our base behind a building, out of sight of the rest of the map. I heard others on ts having similar experiences. They did this more than once in the same game and in more than one game. They also then used the chopper to attack our tanks before our team had even managed to man them.

Personally, I wouldn’t do this and think it would go against our rules.

However, what i would like to know is if some of this could be acceptable.
For instance:
Would it be ok to do this, in the way described above, just once in a game?
How about fighting your way in to the base, steel whatever you can and then return back to the battlefield (without camping)? What about doing this more than once?

(Sorry if this was discussed and resolved on ts last night, i had to leave early so only saw the end of the second game where this happened).

I know this has had some discussion on this forum and there has been talk of an "exclusion zone of sorts" and it also depends on the game type and map. This is my first taste of online gaming so I would appreciate other peoples take on this particular game type and map.

Cheers

TwoBad

KKND
20th October 2010, 10:16 AM
After you guys i think "you and Fazer" told us on ts bout the stealing and baseraping in your spawn i did send some messages on screen.
I even booted 2 persons at that time,as they where not intent to leave your spawn.
I believe after that it was over with the baseraping and stealing vehicles.
Hope that it was sorted for you guys after that.

About what your are saying stealing enemy's Vehicles or chopers.
I realy dont see the use off it.
you get in the enemy's base get a tank or whatever and then you go back to your goal off the game.
I do know what you mean,but tbh i dont see the point off this doing it.

DuVeL
20th October 2010, 12:54 PM
About what your are saying stealing enemy's Vehicles or chopers.
I realy dont see the use off it.
you get in the enemy's base get a tank or whatever and then you go back to your goal off the game.
I do know what you mean,but tbh i dont see the point off this doing it.

Getting the chopper on some maps can help you out but I only do it if they are not using it and it's sitting there un-used (the big snowy map where you start from a hill and after the 2nd base taken the enemy gets a chopper).
Sometimes I take a tank if I'm getting shot and it's still standing there.
Got to say I usually do this while I'm stranded and there's no backup around but I don't spawncamp and wait for it to spawn.

RizZy
20th October 2010, 02:45 PM
Uncappable bases on conquest maps should be seen as out of bounds - if there's no flag there for you to cap then you have no need to be there, as with most of the games supported by dMw map objectives are #1 priority. On the rush maps then the defending teams equipment is fair game - if there foolish enough to leave it unused then go for it, on conquest maps there should be no need for you to be anywhere near the opposition teams base.

TwoBad
20th October 2010, 08:00 PM
After you guys i think "you and Fazer" told us on ts bout the stealing and baseraping in your spawn i did send some messages on screen...I've got no problems at all where you guys (admins) are concerned, i think you do a great job.
(Mind you, after the good kicking you gave me at the start of the evening when it was just you and me on African Harbour i think that was the least you could do. I may as well have been running round the map with a sign round my neck saying "KK's Bitch!" :narnar: )

But seriously, what RizZy said make the most sense to me and is how i've been playing. I was just wondering if this was how others see it.

Thanks guys

Le Rouge
20th October 2010, 09:49 PM
IMO, you should NEVER steal enemy vehicles from their bases; if they ditched them somewhere on the map, that's something else.

DuVeL
21st October 2010, 12:09 AM
Uncappable bases on conquest maps should be seen as out of bounds - if there's no flag there for you to cap then you have no need to be there, as with most of the games supported by dMw map objectives are #1 priority. On the rush maps then the defending teams equipment is fair game - if there foolish enough to leave it unused then go for it, on conquest maps there should be no need for you to be anywhere near the opposition teams base.

Exactly my point.

Gone_Away
21st October 2010, 01:12 AM
Hi folks..

I agree with Rizzy 110% Sorry to be brief but I don't even have the time to set up my PC's yet.. work is Crazy busy right now..

Tutonic
21st October 2010, 09:05 AM
IMO, you should NEVER steal enemy vehicles from their bases; if they ditched them somewhere on the map, that's something else.

My opinion: If you've got the skills (and the balls) to sneak into an enemy spawn point, full of their players, and pinch one of their vehicles without them being able to stop you - then you deserve the right to run off with that vehicle and cause hell.

However, camping with said vehicle in an un-cappable spawn point is just lame and should not be tolerated.