PDA

View Full Version : New Rotation Time... This One's On You!

Gone_Away
7th June 2011, 01:03 AM
Guys,

I'd like to get your input on the next rotation.

Not just on Maps and style (eg: Rush / Conquest) but a 10 map rotation that you think would keep people on our server for extended periods of time.

The rotation will be chosen by Myself and the BC2 Admins. Winner will have their rotation in play for the next 3 months and Notification in the Welcome Message when people join our Server!!

Closing Date: 15th June 2011

Best of Luck!

.DickDastardly.
7th June 2011, 01:16 AM
My personal favourite is Heavy metal as it offers everything it can for Conquest game type, you have the snipers,campers,heavy armour,heli's,squad team work,lone rangers etc i also like Atacama Desert as i always seem to have a good fight and its hardly ever one sided.

dont think ive ever played Nelson Bay as a conquest on any server.

but tbh i have no preference i play what i'm given lol.

Here is a link for the maps and pics to help people
http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Gameinfo.Detail&id=310

Gortex
7th June 2011, 02:55 PM
Not sure I can comment too much on this as only been playing for 3 weeks now and not even sure of the names of the maps we do play yet:roflmao:

Naldo
7th June 2011, 11:31 PM
Only picked 9 as it ties in with my 2-1 pattern of gameplay.

Personally I would not have conquest... But I think its a good compromise. :S

Valparaíso Rush
Isla Inocentes Rush
Laguna Presa Conquest
Nelson Bay Rush
Arica Harbor Rush
Atacama Desert Conquest
Laguna Presa Rush
Cold War Rush
Panama Canal Conquest

.DickDastardly.
12th June 2011, 07:13 PM
I'm not a fan of Isla Inocentes on rush anymore as when your attacking everyone decides to snipe -.-

Naldo
12th June 2011, 09:17 PM
I have noticed alot of servers out there now have a 3-4 sniper max enforced.

.DickDastardly.
12th June 2011, 10:03 PM
I have noticed alot of servers out there now have a 3-4 sniper max enforced. yeh i played on a hardcore server last night that let 2 snipers max per team and the server killed players who picked the sniper class when there were already 2 snipers on that team but didnt take any points away i think its a good thing to put on servers for rush im not to botherd when its conquest

Eggbloke
12th June 2011, 10:30 PM
I really dislike Suez Canal. I don't mind about the other maps too much. =P

Gone_Away
12th June 2011, 11:16 PM
Bump.. Closing date 3 days!!

.DickDastardly.
13th June 2011, 12:13 AM
Bump.. Closing date 3 days!! you could always come up with a shortlist of maps and put it down to a public vote

Gone_Away
13th June 2011, 01:37 AM
you could always come up with a shortlist of maps and put it down to a public vote

We've done that in the past. I thought a full rotation would make a welcom change.. :D

Gone_Away
17th June 2011, 12:06 AM
Congratulations Naldo.. Your rotation is live..

As I asked for 10 maps I've added Harvest Day on Rush at the end..

Naldo
17th June 2011, 05:29 PM
Nice one.

Just in time to take on the world tonight :D

TwoBad
22nd June 2011, 07:51 PM
Laguna Presa Rush is really bad with low player numbers. Just been playing 5v5 and attackers had two Bradleys, defenders had no chance.

Left when the map was on 1/2 to get a bite to eat, 10 players still on.
10 mins later, server empty

.DickDastardly.
23rd June 2011, 12:12 PM
Laguna Presa Rush is really bad with low player numbers. Just been playing 5v5 and attackers had two Bradleys, defenders had no chance.

Left when the map was on 1/2 to get a bite to eat, 10 players still on.
10 mins later, server empty

Ive only played Laguna Presa a few times i dont particularly rate it as a rush map its to easy for attackers

Naldo
23rd June 2011, 01:16 PM
I’ve only played Laguna Presa a few times I don’t particularly rate it as a rush map it’s too easy for attackers

Not at all,

First Mcon, You need to position teams near the beach heads to deal with them as they land the boats. 99% of the attackers come by boat.
You have multiple launchers to deal with them also. The major issue with the initial bit is that the defenders rush forward to the central point and not cover the left/right.
Dealing with the boats arriving in the middle is easy especially as you have the mounted guns right in front of the beach to sort them out.

Second set. Lay mines just after the brow of the hill on the right. The Bradleys coming over the hill cannot shoot them as they cant angle the tank down enough. IF an infantry man try’s to remove them(which never happens) they are dealt with easy.
That leaves you with the river which most Bradleys come through. They can be easily stopped in that narrow area.
The biggest area the attacking infantry go to is the hill on the right. They are also easily sorted if you go to the far right of the rear mcon. Therre is your own hill you can gain ground from, it's narrow but you only need two of you there. You are then positioned in direct firing line to all of them grouped there. Lots of kills can be had here if you have 2/3 medics working as a team.

Third set. Blow the bridge ASAP. Again this leave only one entry for the Bradleys. Easily dealt with mines at the brow of the hill again and rockets waiting if they get past them. Leave one team to the far right to pick up infantry coming up the river.
Most attackers come up the left and nade spam you. Don’t put yourself too far forward as they will get you with the nades,or out in the open or as they will just snipe you from past the blown bridge. Get cover and cover the chock point and it’s a turkey shoot as they try to get in the base.

Fourth set is difficult, but again there is only one way entrance for the Bradleys to come down.

Last set.. Rocket the hell out of the right mcon as its a wooden hut. blow the floors and the mcon will be sitting on next to nothing. This is one of the hardest mcons to arm in all the maps once you have done this.
Make sure you cover both arcs. That’s the favourite route for attackers at the end. My tactic for the final defence is look right to the back of the map and you will see the scaffolding. Clime to the top as assault class and just sit well back up there and mash the spot key for all its worth. you can see everything up there. and justy get rounds down on the attackers as best you can. Giving your team mates the heads up on were they are trying to flank next. I have spent loads of time up there and don't get touched. ;)

Work as a team and you can pretty much hold the attackers at the third set.

Of course.... On a 5v5 server it’s not going to be much fun, but then again which map is with that amount of players?
This is the map we played theTOGA guys at. Team work is vital.

TwoBad
23rd June 2011, 09:11 PM
I agree with all that Naldo said. But in the game i refer to, none of that worked and in a game of 5v5 with some of the attackers using coms who know what they're up to, well....

1st set. I went far left others were in middle and right. No one came left all attacked middle to right and overwhelmed defenders vith UAV help.

2nd set. Mines were on road which the bradley driver knew coz he stopped on the crest and blasted away. Second bradley went across the river and stated blasting away from a position by that house. We were easy pickings from then on.

3rd set. Bridge was taken out. Mines were laid, i laid C4 as wall. One Bradley blasted from a distance, one moved up closer but not into base, mine taken out. Then a Humvee charged i took him out with the C4 but then the close Bradley advanced with cover from the other. To quote a movie "Game over man!"

At this point i went for food.

Checked the chat box and i quote "three Rank 50s, two badleys, no chance very lame. bye!"

Gone_Away
24th June 2011, 05:47 PM
Guys,

when the server's full the map rox. If it's not full.. Simply change the map to the next one in the rotation.. Simples.

NF

.DickDastardly.
24th June 2011, 06:23 PM
server has been near enough full all day now