PDA

View Full Version : Menus Don't Work

Gunnzie
6th July 2011, 08:34 PM
I've just installed this through Steam but when I start the game the menus don't work. I can't click on any of the options. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Update: A little more info. It's like there is an offset for the mouse cursor. For example, if I hover the cursor over the "resume game" icon, the multiplayer sub menu appears. The same offset can be applied to the other menus to the left, but not to the right becuase that would need the mouse pointer going off the screen. I still can't click anything though even with this offset.

PC gaming is starting to really wear me down now.

RizZy
6th July 2011, 09:56 PM
You don't seem to be having much luck at the moment, I havn't had the problem myself, but a google suggests making sure your gfx drivers are upto date or change your desktop DPI settings - google (http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&source=hp&q=offset+menus+in+bc2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=d2b3001184872cdf&biw=1920&bih=965)

lionheart
6th July 2011, 10:11 PM
Could all these problems be due to the fact that you are using a TV ?

RizZy
7th July 2011, 06:06 AM
oooo, that reminds me of a comment I read while having a look around, someone else said theres was a bit screwy when viewed through a tv as the tv didn't scale correctly.

Gunnzie
8th July 2011, 09:08 PM
I got this fixed and thought I should update this thread. I right clicked on the executable BFBC2Game.exe and selected properties. Then on the compatibility tab I selected "Disable desktop composition" and "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". I'm not sure which solved it - perhaps both. However, now the menus are usable and the game rocks.

lionheart
8th July 2011, 09:11 PM
Well get on the server, its Friday night and the place is jumping.

Gunnzie
8th July 2011, 10:26 PM
I'm on it. Or at least I was. I was the one dying a lot ;) I'll be back on in a bit. Got a few things to sort out.

lionheart
9th July 2011, 12:52 AM
Get your Team speak sorted , you miss half the fun if you can't hear us discussing the complicated clan tactics we employ ( by this I mean drunken slurring and dribbling).

Gunnzie
9th July 2011, 11:01 AM
Installed Teamspeak and then realised I don't even own a PC headset. Anyone recommend a cheap and cheerful one?

lionheart
9th July 2011, 11:38 AM
Have a look on overclockers.co.uk for some ideas, £20 will get you a usable headset, won't have surround sound or other luxuries but will be good to start with.

.DickDastardly.
9th July 2011, 02:09 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Labtec-442-Computer-PC-Gaming-Headset-Microphone-/390219203123?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_In ternetTelephonyHeadsets&hash=item5adae08233

Is the one i have cheap and cheerful nothing special just works