PDA

View Full Version : Love is a Battlefield

ArithonUK
14th July 2011, 04:47 PM
There's a great article on Rock, Paper, Shotgun (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/14/love-is-a-battlefield/) on the Pros and Cons of the BattleField series, in particular BFBC2 and what they hope to see in the next installment.

Okay, let’s hit the obvious one to start with: destructible scenery. The capacity to blow holes in walls is probably the most thrilling and interesting element of BFBC2. You can use it to gain access to a building, to remove cover from the enemy, or just to feel like you actually destroyed something. It’s a brilliant feature that will almost certainly be done even better in Battlefield 3. My hope is, however, that it will also be used to shape the experience of play. What I mean is this: imagine a multiplayer map where the attacking team didn’t just incidentally flatten a few houses as they attacked the objective, but had to punch holes through walls and defensive lines to get their troops inside to secure particular points.

BrotherTobious
14th July 2011, 04:59 PM
Duane: You Know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yeah, one of them involves a large amount of physical and psychological pain and the other's war.

TwoBad
15th July 2011, 09:42 AM
... where the attacking team didn’t just incidentally flatten a few houses ...They obviously haven’t seen me play :norty:

.DickDastardly.
15th July 2011, 01:30 PM
They obviously haven’t seen me play :norty:

LMAO thats true, I Think it would work better if they did it on a game type similar to Squad rush on BC:2 cant see it being fun on a 32 or 62 man server with everyone being dug in behind/infront of this wall/objective/house you have to break into