PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay problems - connection lost...

.DickDastardly.
20th August 2011, 11:06 PM
Once I enter a game and after a while of playing 2-3 maps after i connect it varys i get......Connection to the Game Server Has Been Lost.
Please Check Your Network Connection and try Again

When my internet is fine im still in ts and able to talk its been happening for the past week not sure what is causing the problem as i havent changed anything do i need to open some ports or somthing (note my "NAT Settings" were moderate on xbox 360) could that be causing the problem?

I'm on a shared 20mb broadband wireless connection signal strength is always 3 bars out of 5 and the internet is shared between two pc's used for gaming

I have Windows 7 ultimate
AMD Phenon(tm) II x545 processor 2.99 ghz, 4gb ddr3 ram (3.12 useable), cant remember my grahpics card but it runs bc2 on highest settings (although i dont thin its anything to do with my machine).

Any help would be appreciated

valdeko
20th August 2011, 11:26 PM
Have to say this DD, ive been haveing that issue since ive reinstalled BC2 on my pc and what ive read on forums its also a common problem but no certain solution to it sadly.

Naldo
21st August 2011, 12:11 AM
Same here Dickie.

Including the "losing key packets" kick.

Not solved it yet, but It has been better since I quit using the wireless connection.

.DickDastardly.
21st August 2011, 12:51 AM
ive googled it and indeed it is a problem people suggest port forwarding on router settings but as it was playing fine until last week im not going to bother tweating my router settings just annoys me when it happens at least once a night now that i play BC:2

Naldo
21st August 2011, 10:57 AM
It is definutly a connection issue. Next time it happens do a speed test. I had to ring bt to sort mine out.

Sent from my SG2

.DickDastardly.
21st August 2011, 12:28 PM
shouldnt be a connection on 20mb vigin broadband on wireless with one other pc that is wired up to router always read goood reviews about virgins mbps for what you pay for etc but will try it anyway