PDA

View Full Version : BF3 Official Clan Tag *** BC2 BADGEHOLDERS TAKE NOTE!! ***

Gone_Away
31st October 2011, 11:58 PM
After some deliberation and discussion on the BF3 clan tag I've discovered that we don't have to use all four characters and can just run with "dMw".

While it's not unique at this point and we are seeing a number of Dead Men Walking copycat clans (including the other clan which we know but won't give any publicity to here) the dMw tag is ours and in our tradition. Long May It Live!! :D

The rules around the use and awarding of the server tag is unchanged. Until you get the badge, you can't wear the tag.

We are in the process of finalising the forum badges this week. Please bear with us.

Other than that.. Enjoy the Game!

TheDvEight
2nd November 2011, 09:54 PM
Lots of people with dMw tags on tonight having not given them did post a message up in chat window within bf3

Penfold
2nd November 2011, 10:50 PM
Next time can you pls collate a list so we know who to tell.

Thanks

TE_owner
2nd November 2011, 11:37 PM
Is it possible to copyright the DeadMenWalking name or would it be too much trouble to bother?

lionheart
2nd November 2011, 11:46 PM
I just had a look to see if its possible to trademark the name dMw and it was refused on the grounds that it is too similar to "BMW" :blink:

TwoBad
3rd November 2011, 08:13 AM
Lots of people with dMw tags on tonight having not given them did post a message up in chat window within bf3
This was noted at around 8pm and i did request over TS for all tags to be removed until Ninja gives the word.

If we see tags again tonight i will post a list.

faust82
3rd November 2011, 10:37 AM
So, for those of us that only returned to the PC in time for the last lan, and haven't really been playing the huge PC titles with you, we'll have to wait until late january for our tags?

BrotherTobious
3rd November 2011, 10:59 AM
The tag is not a right, it is earned for each game and it is up to each GL to decide when tags are handed out.

Mainly they are handed out for playing the game in the ethos of the community, tactical, teamplay, etc. Also some put weight in to how active on the forums you as well.

Hope that helps answer your question mate :)

DrunkenZombiee
3rd November 2011, 11:38 AM
The tag is not a right, it is earned for each game and it is up to each GL to decide when tags are handed out.

Mainly they are handed out for playing the game in the ethos of the community, tactical, teamplay, etc. Also some put weight in to how active on the forums you as well.

Hope that helps answer your question mate :)

What Toby said.

You will get your tags eventually mate if you are a good team player and community spirited. As for the people with BF:BC2 tags, its a new game so new tactics and game play style, it needs to be earned again =).

Vargen
3rd November 2011, 11:44 AM
On that note I would actually love if we pushed the tactical aspect a bit more on our server. Actually using the seperate TS channels for each team and joining as a party when our server has more guests on a regular basis. It is quite fun when we get most of the dMw guys on the same side, and comms are more tactical than random lulz ;)

Mortar baserape gets old really fast btw. I'm guessing we don't have too many admins atm?

TwoBad
3rd November 2011, 12:19 PM
On that note I would actually love if we pushed the tactical aspect a bit more on our server. Actually using the seperate TS channels for each team and joining as a party when our server has more guests on a regular basis. It is quite fun when we get most of the dMw guys on the same side, and comms are more tactical than random lulz ;)

Mortar baserape gets old really fast btw. I'm guessing we don't have too many admins atm?

dMw vs the world if Fridays, we don't stack the sides on any other day. We tend to only use one channel (at least we did in BC2) because its more fun being able to make fun of someone you just killed with C4 yet again, just ask Ninja :lmfao:

As for the admins, our tools and access are getting sorted as we speak so hopefully base rape will soon be a thing of the past on our server

Vargen
3rd November 2011, 12:39 PM
dMw vs the world if Fridays, we don't stack the sides on any other day. We tend to only use one channel (at least we did in BC2) because its more fun being able to make fun of someone you just killed with C4 yet again, just ask Ninja :lmfao:

As for the admins, our tools and access are getting sorted as we speak so hopefully base rape will soon be a thing of the past on our server

Good to know :) I will hopefully be around on Fridays then. I play MTG Draft on Fridays, but I'll have to come rock BF3 with you all afterwards :D

As for everyone on 1 TS channel, I do agree it is fun. It is hard to make out requests for backup and stuff amongst it all. I personally don't get upset by that, but I know I have made some cross over my inability to filter requests from chatter. I don't multitask very well ^^

I also agree on the clan tags being earned for each game. It motivates tactical play and learning the individual games. I also think it would be cool if some of our more brilliant tacticians took some time to share their strategies with the rest. Not everyone has actual tactical training or a natural talent for it. My own military training mostly consisted of how to put on a gas mask, some basic veterinary training and wearing a kevlar suit while being chewed on. Oh, and excessive amounts of Collin McRae Rally.

Am I bringing this too far off topic now? :blink:

TheDvEight
3rd November 2011, 12:46 PM
I wouldnt mind being in a seperate ts channel when in a squad with people on teamspeak, I find it quite hard to discuss tatics on one teamspeak channel when were all talking as a collective bunch. As for fridays im more than happy to sit in one teamspeak channel as its more fun.

Penfold
3rd November 2011, 01:16 PM
It would be easy just to let people wear the dMw Tag should they have it from another game but it we have people turning up to the server who have never played the game it would quickly make a mockery of what we're trying to achieve.

The tag isn't exclusive nor hard to get, it just represents a benchmark that the wearer has enoough experience in the game and follows our usual gaming ethos?

faust82
3rd November 2011, 04:15 PM
Tobious: The waiting time I listed was based on the "at least three months before considered". I'm quite confident I can live up to community standards by that time :D

Varg: Yeah, having the chance to do some actual command structure things with the TS without the guys on the other side listening in would be frickin' awesome :D

BrotherTobious
3rd November 2011, 04:54 PM
Tobious: The waiting time I listed was based on the "at least three months before considered". I'm quite confident I can live up to community standards by that time :D

where are you getting that from mate ?

KKND
3rd November 2011, 08:05 PM
Next time can you pls collate a list so we know who to tell.

Thanks

Sheepy01
dMwking
Jewelz

Luminance
3rd November 2011, 10:15 PM
While I'm not a BF3 player (yet/or not) I was wondering. Now that it is a new game, and it needs to be re-earned (as with other games). Does that mean that only the appointed game-admins of that game can use the tags from the start? It would make it quite simple then, almost noone can wear them unless they are re-told, or re-instated via the forums?

Must say that I would find it a bit double, if I as a CS:S Veteran, woud have to leave my earned wings behind, with the upcoming CS:GO release (next year). Same goes perhaps for Cod4 / MW3. Those games don't/won't change that much (in my opionion atleast) for it to be re-earned (again my opinion, and nothing more).

faust82
3rd November 2011, 10:47 PM
Toby: From the Award Criteria post.
"Gaming Awards - Criteria

An award cannot be considered any earlier than 3 months after playing on our servers for the first time. "

DuVeL
4th November 2011, 12:44 AM
Sheepy01
dMwking
Jewelz

My brother (King), has it in his name because his name was taken allready so he decided to add it to his name allready. I don't think he uses it as a tag allready though.
BTW, sorry for me still having the tag still on but the thing is, I didn't want to change it just yet as I was finally in a round where my game didn't crash.
Sorted it now though.

Jewelz^
4th November 2011, 04:39 PM
Changing mine..... Now

Gone_Away
7th November 2011, 12:19 AM
In the interim, will the following players please start wearing the dMw tag:

Slimdark
DuVeL1447
varg1983
Kakehund
faust82
Gromit83
Arithon
Jewe11sy
Bazer_Punk
Davel63

TheDvEight
7th November 2011, 12:22 AM
Well done U Lot!

Vargen
7th November 2011, 06:16 AM
In the interim, will the following players please start wearing the dMw tag:

Slimdark
DuVeL1447
varg1983
Kakehund
faust82
Gromit83
Arithon
Jewe11sy
Bazer_Punk
Davel63

Thank you Ninja, I know you've had a lot on your plate on this one!

Grats to these guys as well :)

BrotherTobious
7th November 2011, 08:02 AM
Well played guys

Fazer Erazer
7th November 2011, 10:04 AM
Well done guy's. :dmw:

KKND
7th November 2011, 03:01 PM
Like they have said.;-)

faust82
7th November 2011, 04:36 PM
Whee! :D

Thanks for the tag, and congratulations to the other guys as well :D

DarkAngel
7th November 2011, 05:41 PM
Cheers ninja ill pay you later ;)

Jim
7th November 2011, 05:42 PM
Congrats guys!

Jewelz^
7th November 2011, 07:36 PM
Cheers Ninj, DA will pay you later :)

Naldo
7th November 2011, 10:49 PM
Nice one :)

faust82
8th November 2011, 06:37 AM
When I asked how he wanted to be paid, he just smiled and said "we'll discuss that at the next LAN". I'm afraid to go now. :(

Guess I'll skip april, let him take it out on DA, and come back next fall when it's (probably) safer :D

Tutonic
8th November 2011, 11:15 AM
When I asked how he wanted to be paid, he just smiled and said "we'll discuss that at the next LAN". I'm afraid to go now. :(

Guess I'll skip april, let him take it out on DA, and come back next fall when it's (probably) safer :D

Ahh, that'll be Ninja's infamous double-chair-leg-challenge.

Good luck with that.

DrunkenZombiee
8th November 2011, 12:16 PM
Congrats all.

Some of you have put crazy hours into the game already.

Vargen
8th November 2011, 12:25 PM
Congrats all.

Some of you have put crazy hours into the game already.

Just shows I really have nothing better to do :p

Many if not all on the list so far have put in a lot of time getting games rolling on our server though. It really is a lot of fun to play with people with similar goals. Some actual tactics and strategy rather then the kills/score race. I do think we need even more teamwork for Rush to be more enjoyable though, but that is being discussed elsewhere. Keep up the good work! I know I've learnt a thing or two the past week from our more experienced FPSers. I'm guessing the badges and more tags are due shortly.

Hope you are getting some help with all this Ninja!

Gone_Away
10th November 2011, 05:33 PM
Guys,

In addition to the above, all BC2 Badgeholders that have been playing on our server have automatically earned the privilage of wearing the dMw tag in game.

You will receive your badge once the admins and I are satisfied that you're playing the "dMw Stylee" way.

Now go! Wear the tag with pride!!

Gortex
10th November 2011, 05:53 PM
I snipe in a dirty way and blame everything on Twobad..... I think that qualifies.

Zootoxin
10th November 2011, 09:17 PM
Nice tags boys ;-)

I feel re-newed vigor for BF3 just know you chaps are protecting everything that is BF3

King
24th November 2011, 07:44 PM
You will receive your badge once the admins and I are satisfied that you're playing the "dMw Stylee" way.

Now go! Wear the tag with pride!![/QUOTE]

Hoeaaa a new badge to earn, looking forward to earn that one.

Greats King

King
27th November 2011, 12:28 PM
Recived the badge, hoeha.

Thanks a lot guys.