PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Lag Issues & Reliability when playing multiplayer

TheDvEight
5th November 2011, 02:31 PM
Here is Naldos Thread with regards to Reliability http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?34280-Open-your-ports

Now for Lag issues

Please end all background tasks to prevent conflicts with other programs.

Right click on task bar

Click on the Task Manager button to launch the Windows Task Manager.

Follow these steps to close unnecessary programs:

Click the Applications tab to view the list of active programs.

Click on any program listed in this window and click the End Task button.

Repeat the previous instructions until all programs have been closed.

Follow these steps to close unnecessary processes:

Click the Processes tab to view the list of active processes.

Click the User Name column header to organize the processes by login.

Click on any program listed next to your Windows login, other than EXPLORER.EXE and TASKMGR.EXE, then select the End Process button

Warning: Do not close any processes running under SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE

Repeat the previous instructions until all programs associated to your Windows Login are closed except for the following two:

TASKMGR.EXE

EXPLORER.EXE

*****. Empty your Temp folder to prevent file conflicts. Click the below given link for instruction on emptying your Temp folder: -

Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R

In the Run box type: %temp% and press Enter

When the folder containing all temporary files opens press and hold the CTRL button and the letter A to highlight all files in that folder

Press the Delete key.

When prompted to verify if the files should be deleted, click Yes.

Any files that cannot be removed can be safely ignored.

Please let me know if this helps

Naldo
5th November 2011, 09:31 PM
I know Ghostey and one or two others have mentioned this in TS.

I stumbled upon this thread in the forums, maybe worth a go guys.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347729882788/

TheDvEight
6th November 2011, 11:51 PM
Can this be made into a sticky please as i found that the tips mentioned above improved my gaming experince loads with regard to lag issues.

Tutonic
7th November 2011, 09:11 AM
I get tossed out of the server roughly every 30 minutes due to a 'timeout'.

Putting my machine into a DMZ hasn't fixed the problem, and I'm not convinced my connection is the problem.

If I find a fix, I'll post it up here.

FatBob
7th November 2011, 10:50 AM
Just thought i'd post up what has actually cured this ultra frustrating event - the dreaded "disconnected from server" error after approx 15-30 minutes meaning you never get to see how you did and then have to close and reopen BF3 to carry on playing with zero points ! it was actually making me think of asking for my money back due to the sheer frustartion of it happening without fail every 15-30 minutes.

1) Login to your router. i have a v1.5 BT homehub so i just googled it with default password in the search as well. none of these worked (good job!) so i just did a reset on my router and when prompted set a new password.

2) Goto the Advanced tab - i guess these will all be different this is just how i got to the important bit !

3) On the BT router there is a menu called Application sharing <---- this is the important bit as this will allow you to setup a new application (Battlefield 3) and allow the required ports

4) This menu contained a list of games and popular stuff like bittorrent etc but had no entry for BF3 so i then saw an option to "create new game or application" and when i clicked on this it gave me the option to clone a current game or application or do a manual port entry, i selected the latter one.

5) Next up was the port entry - first dropdown was Protocol so i selected TCP and entered the ports from Naldo's (sanity saving !) post here ----> http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?34280-Open-your-ports then did the same for the UDP ports as well

6) Takes 5-10 minutes to add these then saved the new profile as Battlefield 3

7) Once the new profile was added i went back to the original Application sharing menu at which point there are two drop down menus (and the create new and modify existing options) the first drop down menu is which profile you want to add so i selected my newly created Battlefield 3 then the second dropdown asks which device you want to associate this profile with (my desktop pc came up as default but whatever devices are attached to your router will also show up) select the required device and then next to these dropdown boxes was a simple Add button which i pressed !

8) This now made a line appear above the dropdown boxes which just says app BF3 device my desktop edit/modify/remove

9) Next time i opened origin/BF3 i was able to play for at least 1 hr straight (had to goto friends for fireworks !) did some proper testing on Sunday though and not 1 single disconnect from my side :D had 1 crash from a graphics glitch reconnected straight away and then was on the server all last night without any crashes at all.

TheDvEight
13th November 2011, 05:55 PM
Make sure them drivers are updated http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/news/view/2832654774827064109/1/

kregoron
15th November 2011, 11:08 AM
Ive started to encounter a odd error, whenever i start my pc to get a game going, the first server i join the game stops responding, the rest of the session evertything is fine, and i can play all the servers i want, until the pc is restartet, odd i say but ok i can live with it for now..

But has anyone else experienced it?

KKND
15th November 2011, 02:30 PM
Ive started to encounter a odd error, whenever i start my pc to get a game going, the first server i join the game stops responding, the rest of the session evertything is fine, and i can play all the servers i want, until the pc is restartet, odd i say but ok i can live with it for now..

But has anyone else experienced it?

My game keeps crashing on any server last 4 days,not able to play anymore.
Installed the game for 3 times now,used MSI Afterburner to get the Voltage up also not working.
Reinstalled PB....Drivers ect ect Nada!!!
I'm out off options for the moment it seems.

TE_owner
15th November 2011, 04:17 PM
Dice didn't give a stable release at all did they? Luckily the only glitches I suffered were solved with a driver update. Odd though that it was working fine earlier and is not now though for some people. Maybe doing a system restore to before the problems started in order to see if it is a new update or something that is causing issues.

Bazer_Punk
15th November 2011, 04:33 PM
Have any of you that got game crashes all the time Steam running when you play? I turned of the "start steam with windows" option when I started playing the bf3 beta, had maybe 2-3 faults in the 30+ hours I've played so far, and no crashes (all faults have been gfx glitches wich required a restart of the game). I'm running a intel i7 K2600, 4gb 2100mhz ram, Asus mainboard for 1155platform, Asus/Ati 6970 wich is slightly overclocked from Asus, all settings are on max @ 1650x1080 res. not done anything to tweak the system other then trying to run as little as possible in the background, even running bf3 beta drivers from ati. Also i close Origin after bf3 has started.

TheDvEight
15th November 2011, 09:17 PM
Bazer i close down all unessesary process that i dont need for bf3, alternatively have you tried contacting ea support?