PDA

View Full Version : Query about Battlefield 3 24 hour ban

TE_owner
13th November 2011, 12:25 AM
Last night at about 11:50 I was given a 24 hour ban for bunny-hopping round corners in order to get the jump on people.

I have apologised for this and have attempted to do it less. I was warned about this on TS once before being banned which I dont think is sufficient warning for something that is pure instinct for me and on such a tight map such as operation Metro I do without thinking. People are not banned for spamming rockets, or spamming mortars or other such dubious tactics I don't quite understand why I have been given a 24 hour ban for something that publics do all the time. Is it one rule for us another for the publics?

I apologise sincerely to anyone I may have annoyed or offended with my bunny-hopping.

Yours Sincerely

TE_owner

Gone_Away
13th November 2011, 12:56 AM
Hi TE,

I've posted the 24 hour ban in the Admin channel.

You were also warned yesterday. In addition, you've been warned about frag hunting in BF3 and getting too close to the uncaps. Tonight, I warned you about bunny-hopping and with that warning I reminded you of the warning last night. I also clearly stated in TS that if you did it again you'd receive a 24hr ban.

As far as publics bunny-hoppying all the time it's not something that I've witnessed or heard anyone complain about. However, they would be treated the same. Most importantly, as someone who carries the dMw tag, the expectation is that you are representative of the clan, its ethos and its standards.

This is nothing personal. You only have to read the threads in the BF3 channel to understand that the admins and I need to take a firm stance on things like this.

The ban is for 24 hours and after it's over, nothing will be mentioned of it (unless it reoccurs).

NF

DuVeL
13th November 2011, 01:26 AM
TE, next time just drop Ninj a PM or have a chat with him in a private TS channel.

Penfold
13th November 2011, 11:00 AM
Is it one rule for us another for the publics? I apologise sincerely to anyone I may have annoyed or offended with my bunny-hopping.

Yours Sincerely

TE_owner

Hi TE,

It would be inappropriate for anyone else to comment about your ban. Please read the GAMING STANDARDS (http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?26782-General-Gaming-Standards) if you need more clarification.

You point (and apology) above is well noted and appreciated. I thought about your question above and the answer is probably yes. As stated before, EVERY dMw'er is expected to play with our conerstones of Ethos, Attitude, Teamplay and Fairplay. Bunnyhopping has ALWAYS been frowned upon on our servers and always will be. "Pure instinct" or not, you will get picked up on it as a pubbie would. The difference is that you know better. It's not acceptable on our server and you know it's not acceptable on our server... that's the difference. You shouldn't need to be picked up on it.

How can admins enforce the rules on pubbies when dMw'ers are guilty of the same offences?

The Admins have a hard enough time trying to keep the pubbies in check - let's not mark their job harder eh :)

TE_owner
13th November 2011, 07:06 PM
Ok In future I will stand still and kill you instead :devil:

Penfold
13th November 2011, 07:39 PM
Indeed.

I'll be the one cowering in the spawn :flirty:

Naldo
13th November 2011, 08:42 PM
OK, Please before I comment on the Ban.

Pen, You have linked to the GAMING STANDARDS. I would like to know exactly where TE has deviated from it.

I questioned it at the time and I still do not agree with the punishment.

Bunnyhopping has ALWAYS been frowned upon on our servers and always will be

Sorry , I failed to find the rule/guideline anywhere.

Penfold
13th November 2011, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure if you're being serious in this post but on the off-chance you are......

Firstly...

If you read my post you will see that I've pointed TE to the thread on gaming standards and what they entail.......... Namely the warnings required and what to do if you're unhappy with any decision made.

Secondly, about the offence itself.

TE, in his own post, points out that he was aware it is against our rules and had "attempted to do it less" and that "on such a tight map such as operation Metro I do without thinking". So he fact he did it I would imagine is not in dispute ?

But it's not written down precisely in gaming standards?

Does it really need to be?

Tell me in the 18-months you've been a member that you've never heard the word "bunny-hopping" ?

The fact that's it's not written down in the gaming standards is irrelevant to the fact is it's something we've been banging on about since 1996 since the days of playing Counterstrike. I find it impossible to believe that any member who's been with us any length of time is not aware of it.

Besides which, that's the whole point of the warning system - it reminds people of the rules.

Finally,

OK, Please before I comment on the Ban.

Thanks for the offer but no thanks. it's not your job to comment on other people's bans. If TE asks you to intercede then so be it. Until that time butt-out.

TE seems to have moved on with a mature (albeit cheeky :wink:) follow-up post and it's been resolved.

If you want to make an official complaint about the Ban or the issuer then please follow the correct channels. (A post to the GL in the first instance, and if unsatisfied (or issued by the GL), then pm a Council member who will look into it).

I hope that clears things up.

Naldo
13th November 2011, 09:41 PM
I'm not sure if you're being serious in this post but on the off-chance you are......

Yes Pen, I am being serious.

Secondly, about the offence itself.

TE, in his own post, points out that he was aware it is against our rules and had "attempted to do it less" and that "on such a tight map such as operation Metro I do without thinking". So he fact he did it I would imagine is not in dispute ?

Sorry, TE was NOT aware it was against the rules the first time the warning was issue, hence why he disputed the fact on TS... There are no rules atm for BF3 apart from the global standards. When we are on the server we as members try to respect the rules from the BC2 server purely out of "try to do the right thing".
Only one dMw member complained about the jumping, and it was actioned upon by an admin.

The same person again complained the following night about it.

Nobody else complained about it.

Even though alot of dMw players do the same thing.
The GL issued a warning, and actioned on it the second time which is fair enough.. But only on the basis of a complaint from the same member time after time.

I feel that I do have a right to comment on it because I was there.

TE_owner
13th November 2011, 09:45 PM
I totally understand that GL'ers have to deal with bad behaviour and poor sportsmanship within both the clan and with pubbies, I have no issues what so ever with the ban and understand completely why it was given. I was playing far too much anyhow :)

Really I posted just because I felt a little raw right after the ban was issued

TE_owner

Penfold
13th November 2011, 09:56 PM

Sorry, TE was NOT aware it was against the rules the first time the warning was issue, hence why he disputed the fact on TS... There are no rules atm for BF3 apart from the global standards. When we are on the server we as members try to respect the rules from the BC2 server purely out of "try to do the right thing".
Only one dMw member complained about the jumping, and it was actioned upon by an admin.

The GL issued a warning, and actioned on it the second time which is fair enough.. But only on the basis of a complaint from the same member time after time.

I wasn't there, I'm can't (and haven't) commented on it. All I've done is point TE to the relevant guidelines about rules and about what to do if unhappy with decisions.

If you wish to escalate the original decision and take up his baton (which he's packed away) then so be it. I've explained what you need to do. Please send a PM to a Head or Community Admin (http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9513-The-Management) and they'll look into it for you. Some of them are incredibly busy in RL at the minute so it would help if you CC'ed TeaLeaf in on any PM you send please. (I'm excusing myself as I'm involved).

OK?

Thanks

kregoron
15th November 2011, 11:22 AM

First: When with the tag and on our servers, you agree to the standards of our community, you agree that you will respect the decisions of the GL's and Admins, ofc its allowed to question the decision but TS is not the place where it should be done.
Maybe he didnt know about the rules, when the first warning was issued, but 1 warning should be enough, else im sure he wont forget now

Second: I also complained about it, nothing personal about you TE, but as old CS admin i despise Bunnyhopping, and reach acordingly..

Vargen
15th November 2011, 11:39 AM
Second: I also complained about it, nothing personal about you TE, but as old CS admin i despise Bunnyhopping, and reach acordingly..

Yeah, I second that. Also you can add dolphining to that... and battletaxi... and kamikaze vehicles... and anything in those categories. Not that TE did any of these ofc.

faust82
16th November 2011, 05:42 AM
All of those.. Shouldn't be necessary to put those in the rules, that falls within the dMw ethos. A pubbie might get a little bit of leniency on that, but wearing the dMw tag the leash gets a lot shorter :D
And even if it's not specifically written, when warned it's wise to stop. I wasn't on when TE got hit with the banhammer, so I don't know the exact situation there, but he seems to understand now.

... so why won't you Naldo?

Anyway, I'm not an admin, so I don't have to worry about all that stuff. I just try to avoid being an annoying little sod, and I see that falls well within the current rules and guidelines :D

Vargen
16th November 2011, 07:22 AM
The rules are up, here (http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?34406-dMw-BF3-SERVER-RULES), now. So there should be no need to discuss this further. If anyone has comments on the rules, post them here (http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?34407-dMw-BF3-Server-Rules-Explained-Post-your-feedback-here).