PDA

View Full Version : LAN V - Accommodation

TeaLeaf
22nd February 2004, 09:42 PM
The Griffin Hotel is now fully booked, however here is the full list of places you can stay in the village. Ignore the prices at the Griffin as we have a bulk deal. This info is taken from the Fenlands Tourism website.

I have no idea how close or otherwise these places are, so you'll have to do a multimap, but the Oliver Cromwell is in the same road so can't be that far away. They also do a special 2 night weekend deal for £78, that's cheaper than the Griffin! And you get to use the pool and jacuzzi before you come along to breakfast next morning!

TL.

The Olde Griffin Hotel Ltd - THIS IS THE LAN VENUE

High Street, March, Cambs. PE15 9JS
Tel 01354 652517 Fax 01354 650086
E-mail griff.hotel@aol.com
Director Mrs F Reeve

21 bedrooms (all en suite, family rooms avail-able and bridal suite). An attractive modernised Coaching Inn situated in the centre of March. Ala Carte Restaurant offering a wide range of meals, drinks & snacks. Conference facilities & function rooms available. Bed & Breakfast; Single from £45 per person, Double from £59.50, Family room £75, Bridal package £92.50 1 Suite £75.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Oliver Cromwell Hotel

High Street, March, Cambs. PE15 9LH
Tel 01354 602890 Fax 01354 602891
Email reception@Olivercromwellhotel.co.uk
Proprietor Nicholas Taylor Hotels

28 bedrooms (doubles, twins and singles, mini & full suites and disabled rooms). Quality hotel located in the town centre. All rooms en suites with air conditioning and balconies. Facilities include Pool & Sauna, Jacuzzi, Gym, Bar & Restaurant. Accommodation on 2 floors including disability capable lift. Weddings, conferences and function only rooms also available. English Breakfast served.

Bed and Breakfast per night per room;
Double weekdays £72, Family £144 (max 4 people), double weekends £52, Family weekend £104, (weekend inc. Fri, Sat, Sun).
Special Offer - 2 night weekend £78, phone for details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Station Hotel

212 Station Road, March, Cambs. PE15 8SQ
Tel 01354 653259
Proprietors Mr P Hazel & Miss M Williams

5 bedrooms (double / twin /family (treble), 2 en suite showers,3 H&C). Bed & Breakfast; Single from £40, Twin from £45, Family/trebles from £57.
SPECIAL OFFER - on B&B and Fam. for 2 nights or more, group & contract bookings.

Causeway Guest House

6 The Causeway. March, Cambs. PE15 9NT
Tel 01354 650823
Proprietor Mr B Morris.

19 bedrooms (doubles, twins and singles, 12 with four poster beds - all with private shower/WC). Family run guest house in 19th century house about 1/2 mile from the town centre. 4 ground floor rooms available. Bed & Breakfast; Single from £23, Double / Twin from £17.50 per person.
SPECIAL OFFER - Reduced rates for two nights or more.

The Willows

Elm House, Elm Road, March, Cambs. PE15 8PS
Tel 01354 661292
E-mai davidcoe@4btinternet.com
Proprietors Jill & Dave Coe

6 bedrooms (2 double, 3 twin, 1 family (1 double & 2 singles)) all en suite shower. Good tourist accommodation in purpose built annexe about 1 mile from town centre and close to railway station. All ground floor rooms. Onsite car hire. Bed & Breakfast; £25 per person, £37 two people sharing room, Family £37 and £10 per child.

The Old Brew House

52 West End, March, Cambs PE15 8DL
Tel 01354 653793
Proprietor Elizabeth Vawser

3 bedrooms (1 single, 1 double, 1 twin - additional bed can be added to any of the rooms).
Attractive tourist accommodation in a listed 17th century cottage with river garden in a quiet position close to the town centre. Oak beamed lounge/dining room with open fire. Evening meals, afternoon teas & hot drinks available. Car parking access 58 - 60 Dartford Road. Bed & Breakfast; £20 per person, Evening meal from £7, Packed lunches £2.50.
Special Rate £18 per night for 2 nights or more.

Zok
22nd February 2004, 11:17 PM
Me and Brass stayed at the Oliver Cromwell at LANIII room and food are excellent and good prices to boot. Proximity: 3 minute walk to LAN, 15 minute walk back.

DuVeL
1st March 2004, 09:59 PM
Hello all. I'll be ariving Friday 23th April at 17.30 with Easyjet. Is there anyone going by Stansted airport who can pick me up?

Let me know plz. There's a pint in it for ya!

Dr Sadako
2nd March 2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by DuVeL@Mar 1 2004, 10:59 PM
Hello all. I'll be ariving Friday 23th April at 17.30 with Easyjet. Is there anyone going by Stansted airport who can pick me up?

Let me know plz. There's a pint in it for ya!
Help Peter out guys if you can. I deleted two posts here to keep it clean-ish so the topic will not go off in the wrong direction.

Gandalf
2nd March 2004, 08:10 AM
Well, I was planning on picking him up on the way past, but I was going past at lunch time.

However, it's not too far from the venue so if no one else is coming up at that time then I can come back down to pick him up.

As long as the steak dinner is late :)

TeaLeaf
2nd March 2004, 08:22 AM
Thanks G - I'll make sure you steak dinner is late ;)

TL.

OldBloke
2nd March 2004, 08:28 AM
I might be able to help out too. I'll know nearer the time.

We'll get you to the LAN one way or another Duvel :)

DuVeL
2nd March 2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks alot lads, I really apreciate it. I tryed getting there a plane earlier but that was allready fully booked. Otherwise I had a better time to fly over and was able to join for lunch aswell. :(

Benny
2nd March 2004, 09:34 AM
With luck I'm leaving early, but the offer for a return to Stansted trip if all else fails is here too.

Might be an idea to sort out your return taxi too mate, when's the flight back?

DuVeL
2nd March 2004, 11:31 AM
The flight back is flight 3885 of Easyjet. Departure: 18.45. It's near Mats departure time if it helps a bit.

Dr Sadako
2nd March 2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by DuVeL@Mar 2 2004, 12:31 PM
The flight back is flight 3885 of Easyjet. Departure: 18.45. It's near Mats departure time if it helps a bit.
My departure time is 18.20. Albert will drive me there and I don't think it should be a problem for you to tag along.

Gandalf
2nd March 2004, 01:27 PM
well, we're all sorted then. now I am happy to pick you up, but I've never been to stanstead before so if there is someone who knows the lay of the land better there is free beer involved :D

as for arrival times, anything decided yet mr TL?

DuVeL
2nd March 2004, 01:57 PM
I think Albert knows since he's picked Mats up a couple of times allready. Just wait for his reply. BTW Gandy, you're gonna make a sign with the text Devil on it? Should be fun. People thinking the devil arrived from the NL. ;)

Gandalf
2nd March 2004, 02:11 PM
nahh, a sign with a huge bottle of beer on it will suffice :)

Benny
2nd March 2004, 03:49 PM
The internet is your friend
http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/plann...es_redirect.jsp (http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/planner_places_redirect.jsp)

Incidentally, I think you should pick him up in leather shorts in a lederhosen style. Geographically wrong, but funny nonetheless.

DuVeL
2nd March 2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Benny@Mar 2 2004, 03:49 PM
The internet is your friend
http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/plann...es_redirect.jsp (http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/planner_places_redirect.jsp)

Incidentally, I think you should pick him up in leather shorts in a lederhosen style. Geographically wrong, but funny nonetheless.
More like wearing clogs and so and a few tulips in his hand and a windmill on top.
Thanks for the find Benny. If necessary I'll print it out aswell from where to where to go but do I still have to check which side you guys drive? :ph34r: ;)

TeaLeaf
2nd March 2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Gandalf-LordOfJelly@Mar 2 2004, 01:27 PM
as for arrival times, anything decided yet mr TL?
I'm planning to be there for Friday's lunch and beer session. Steak dinner will be in the evening kicking off at about 7.30pm I guess with last tables being nearer 9.30pm.

TL.

Gandalf
2nd March 2004, 05:17 PM
cool, I was planning on turning up around lunchtime. Thanks :D

sheepy
2nd March 2004, 05:50 PM
ill b there around that time nice day of drinkin as a walm up to the weekend

Gone_Away
2nd March 2004, 10:55 PM
I'm setting off first thing in the morning. Should be there around noon as it's a 4 hr journey.

GhostMjr
4th March 2004, 04:54 PM
Ok r there any peeps with a twin room who don't have someone with them in it for the griffin? Also please note i will not leave until school finished at 3:30 and i will drive there. This may take some hours and hope to be there by about 5 (just before rush hour). Can i please have either tl's mobile no or someone else's so i can find out where u r when i turn up

reply asap

cheers

Ghost

TeaLeaf
4th March 2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by ~=Ghost=~*Mjr*@Mar 4 2004, 04:54 PM
Can i please have either tl's mobile no or someone else's so i can find out where u r when i turn up

Trust me on this one, we will be easy to find - just head to the bar and you will find a big group of us talking about CS and wearing dMw t-shirts :D You will not be able to miss us - the bar is small.

TL.

GhostMjr
5th March 2004, 05:15 PM
ok do u have any spare dmw t-shirts or t-shirts for the events i would like to have one plz?

TeaLeaf
5th March 2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by ~=Ghost=~*Mjr*@Mar 5 2004, 05:15 PM
ok do u have any spare dmw t-shirts or t-shirts for the events i would like to have one plz?
Sorry, I was not planning to do any t-shirts for this LAN, however if you want to deal with the company I used direct then I would be happy to put you in touch to see if they will do you a one off. The design is shown in the LAN IV thread. I am sure we will do another one at some point, but just not yet as I have too much going on to put the time into it just now.

TL.

DuVeL
5th March 2004, 05:51 PM
The old T-shirt still isn't worn off and the misses doesn't allow him to buy any new stuff ;) :whistle:

GhostMjr
30th March 2004, 07:02 PM
Ok all booked up i am in the station hotel!

delete above message wasn't logged in sorry :whistle: