OldBloke
24th April 2005, 03:34 PM
LAN VII Attendees.

JB
24th April 2005, 03:40 PM
Gotta say, quite possibly the best LAN ever. :thumbsup:

RizZy
24th April 2005, 03:53 PM
wow, i look like I was enjoying myself there, was the world just about to end?

OldBloke
24th April 2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by JB@Apr 24 2005, 03:40 PM
Gotta say, quite possibly the best LAN ever. :thumbsup:

Quoted post

Deffo ranks right up there with the best. We laughed, we swore, we drank, we ate, we drank, we hurt, we drank and we even did some gaming. :D

We also had a couple of unique events ...

Sheepy brought a fully working PC to the LAN :blink:
DarkAngel managed to get up both mornings. :huh:

Thanks to the generosity of the members and X-tremepc we had a bundle of prizes to handout to the CZ competition winners and runners-up.

My thanks as ever to everyone who contributed to the event and particulary to TeaLeaf for negotiating the very reasonable rates and for pulling the event together. Also a big thanks to the people who made the effort to attend despite facing long travelling times. You're all stars.:thumb:

Barley
24th April 2005, 04:19 PM
I'll have to come one day, otherwise you'll never fill your quota for hansome devils :devil:

target
24th April 2005, 04:31 PM
Twas a great lan.

Thanks to all, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Be back next year for Lan IX (going to Florida in October so won't be there for Lan VIII)

Anonymous
24th April 2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by OldBloke@Apr 24 2005, 02:34 PM
LAN VII Attendees.

Quoted post
Is that a pint of "Duck Supreme" Ron is holding?

DuVeL
24th April 2005, 04:41 PM
Who got the helping hand this time? 2 bad I've missed this 1.

GhostMjr
24th April 2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by DuVeL@Apr 24 2005, 04:41 PM
Who got the helping hand this time? 2 bad I've missed this 1.

Quoted post

Norm did for his contributions to the lan! Yes it was a gr8 lan we had a gr8 time and we all had most importantly a laugh. It was a smaller gathering than october but we still had alot of fun but we also all had enough alcohol, which does make a difference ;)

btw wheres ob? find ob and i'll buy the one who guesses right a beer at the next lan

DarkAngel
24th April 2005, 05:38 PM
Aye this lan was a good one :), cheers all to those who organised it and maintained it. Just hope i can go to the next :) .

One small snag though i went to the lan with 32 Gb of Mp3's and came back with 5 Gb.... Next time ill leave off the option for everyone to edit :angry:

RizZy
24th April 2005, 05:52 PM
wp to all involved, I shouldn't have any problem making the next & I'm already looking forward to it.

Cheers to all for the weekend.

Riz.

Browne
24th April 2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by OldBloke@Apr 24 2005, 02:34 PM
LAN VII Attendees.

Quoted post

Havn't laughed as much in years; also havn't seen quite so many mad hoors gathered in one spot ever. What a bit o craic!!

Thanks to all for your hospitality and to Albert for not letting me drive the other night and to the Duck Fiend erm sorry the 1/2 duck fiend. :lol:

And BTW, Well done OB, TL and Tugs, I'll even let you organise my next pi**-up

Liberator
24th April 2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by DarkAngel@Apr 24 2005, 04:38 PM
One small snag though i went to the lan with 32 Gb of Mp3's and came back with 5 Gb.... Next time ill leave off the option for everyone to edit :angry:

Quoted post

Although that might have been something to do with your disk having to go through a recovery scan every time you rebooted. :eyebrow:

Just glad I had a seperate leech box! :D

Excellent fun had.

The HL-TV screen was confusing me during the final, I was watching it and not reallising that we were 30 seconds into the next round. The strange thing is, I actually managed to hit people doing it that way. :unsure:

Thanks all.

Blunt
24th April 2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks for a great time 8) and for making me & NvG (& monkey) feel so welcome at our 1st LAN.
Cheers to everyone who helped organise it...it must've been hard work

It was fun putting faces to screen-names :o

I haven't laughed so much in ages :lmfao:

(the last 2 sentences are not necessarily connected :whistle: )

see you at the next 1 too 8)

Whitey
24th April 2005, 07:44 PM
Got home at 18:00 but well worth the long drive. Thanks to everyone who attended for making me feel so welcome at my first LAN and especially to TL and OB for the organisation. I had some great fun and even found a new dad :blink:

Ron.... I want your driving kit !!!! :dribble:

Browne
24th April 2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by whitey@Apr 24 2005, 06:44 PM
Got home at 18:00 but well worth the long drive. Thanks to everyone who attended for making me feel so welcome at my first LAN and especially to TL and OB for the organisation. I had some great fun and even found a new dad :blink:

Ron.... I want your driving kit !!!! :dribble:

Quoted post

Oi!!!! I hope thats Ron yer talking about :dummy:

Whitey
24th April 2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Browne@Apr 24 2005, 07:15 PM
Oi!!!! I hope thats Ron yer talking about :dummy:

Quoted post

So you've disowned me already :( :dummy:

suicidal_monkey
24th April 2005, 10:22 PM
I seem to have avoided cameras in just about all but the group photo. Success!

good games, good beer, and now I really really need to turn the computer off! :ph34r:

Sn00ks
24th April 2005, 10:37 PM
Yup another great LAN.
Thanks to TL and OB for organising another wonderful weekend of drink and debauchery. 8)

Still trying to get used to my new ultra-responsive mouse (thanks to Norm).
Headphones arn't too shabby either. :D

Three wins out of four, can't be bad. :devil: Can I make it four out of five, find out in the next thrilling installment of dMw LAN productions! :dribble:

Hope to see you all again on October.
And yes, you are all as ugly as I thought your were :narnar:

Doorman
24th April 2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Sn00ks@Apr 24 2005, 10:37 PM
........debauchery. 8)
Hey! I missed the debauchery. :(

The rewards for such a weekend are now being reaped /me holds head in hands and moans softly "Never again". Who am I kidding? Course I'll do it again. :devil:

Sn00ks
24th April 2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Doorman@Apr 24 2005, 10:48 PM
Hey! I missed the debauchery. :(

The rewards for such a weekend are now being reaped /me holds head in hands and moans softly "Never again". Who am I kidding? Course I'll do it again. :devil:

Quoted post

I'd've thought at your stage in life you'd have learnt to pace yourself :D

But what the hell, go for it again next time Ron! :dribble:

Doorman
25th April 2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Sn00ks@Apr 24 2005, 10:55 PM
I'd've thought at your stage in life you'd have learnt to pace yourself :D

But what the hell, go for it again next time Ron! :dribble:

Quoted post

Pace? I only know one pace......flat out! And that's where I normally end up.

Browne
25th April 2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by whitey@Apr 24 2005, 08:14 PM
So you've disowned me already* :(* :dummy:

Quoted post

Nah Son, I just sobered up a bit. Your Mother is really proud of you btw, well I didnt really tell her everything, I'm sure you'll understand it....now. wheres the debauchery that Sn00ks was talking abour :narnar:

Jamoe
26th April 2005, 10:02 AM
ah, found it at last.

aye thanks guys for another great LAN.

:D

FBG
1st May 2005, 06:05 PM
Good to here yall had a good lan, im looking forward to A: being in the country for the next lan, B: introducing some new exasperated expressions which you have all no doubt missed and C: get $#@! faced drinking loads