• Discord

• LAN Packing List & Instructions

Checklist

1. Sign up for your Thursday night grub HERE.
    2. Sign up for your Friday night grub HERE.
    3. If you fancy any large Dominos for a tenner on Saturday night, click HERE.
    4. Read through the HARDWARE and GAMES LIST below.
    5. Travel safe and get to the LAN! Your seat will have your gaming name on it. Get yourself set up (for the early Thursday arrivals please wait until we have given you the OK to go into the room).
    6. Game and buy Chaos all of the beers.

Hardware

PC and Monitor - 1 only. Don't forget your power cables!
    Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad.
    Joystick, Xbox Controller, etc.
    Headphones - no speakers!
    Duct tape - to tape your cables down!
    Ethernet Cable - Cat6
    Extension cord, preferably a 4-way () and surge protected.
    Money - how else will you buy us beer?

There is a bar 10 yards from the LAN room, and a highstreet (with a fine Kebab establishment) 20 yards away.

The hotel gives us a heavily discounted rate on our rooms, and gives us the LAN room for FREE. Please respect the arrangement we have had with them for many years and the relationship we have built. Do not bring in alcohol from outside. There is a bar for that. Snacks and the odd salted seahorse latte from Costa are generally ok, but please bring such things in discretely (i.e. through the door leading directly to the LAN room, not via the public bar), and don't take the proverbial.

Games List

Bad Company 2 for Thursday night (and if we fancy it, throughout the event!
    Team Fortress 2
    Unreal Tournament. We will be having a bash of this Friday night. It is FREE, give it a go!
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive for the Saturday tournaments.
    Overwatch for the Saturday tournaments.

As most of you will know although these are the games we are running (sort of) structured events for, many others will be played at the LAN. Bring along whatever you fancy!

It is a good idea to run Steam the night before the LAN to make sure you are up to date. There should be working internet at the event, but it is better not to have to rely on it for your 30gb update Friday morning.

Full itinerary can be found HERE.

See you soon!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: LAN Packing List & Instructions started by Chaosphere View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
      Chaosphere -
      Bump! Have a flick through here boys and girls, if you turn up without your power cable you'll look a right muppet. More than usual, for some.
      Chaosphere -
      For you Thursday arrivals there is one day to go before the LAN Get packing!
      RogueTaylor -
      Am so worried i will forget something
      Chaosphere -
      Have you upgraded to self driving car? Would be a nightmare to pack everything up and forget to bring yourself! A real risk of the future.
      DuVeL -
      Quote Originally Posted by RogueTaylor View Post
      Me 2

Anyway, on my way now. I'm having a small pitstop at Haarlem to meet up with Greig and his misses.
      I'll see the rest of you guys tomorrow!
      no peanuts -
      safe travels
      RogueTaylor -
      Quote Originally Posted by RogueTaylor View Post
      Well I got everything together, two keyboards, 3 mice, 2 headsets, 2 towers , 1 monitor, 1 laptop. I think that's the main things.
      suicidal_monkey -
      Turn on laptop
      Download updates
      Reboot...
      Download more updates
      Mild panic at bsod, reboot...
      Download borrowed game
      Download even more updates
      Shutdown
      Find whisky receipt - main reason for visiting Stansted
      Sorted
      Milli -