• Discord

• LAN XXXIV / 34 - Survey

Yes, we've done another one!

We want to look at how we can improve these LANs, and need your input to help guide us. This survey has some general and some fairly specific questions that will directly influence both LAN 34 and future LANs going forwards.

PLEASE take a few minutes when you can to answer the survey. This is of particular importance if you are planning to attend LAN 34!

Please make sure you click all the way through until your response has been submitted, and please do not submit a response more than once.

CLICK ME FOR THE SURVEY

It shouldn't take long and your help here is hugely appreciated.

Much love,
    LAN admins.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: LAN XXXIV / 34 - Survey started by Chaosphere View original post
    Comments 21 Comments
      .DickDastardly. -
      you are the best looking admin it's true it's true ps: completed it mate
      Jewelz^ -
      Done did it didnt I
      Chaosphere -
      Cheers guys, much appreciated!
      Penfold -
      If I had some feedback - also echoed from others.

I know it's quicker and easier to have the tables pre-ordered but I think we're losing something. Sending rows of tables may make it easier for the kitchen but the down-side meant that:

1. There was no mingling between different tables and people randomly having a chat and deciding to sit together etc etc - cross fertilisation and all that.
      2. Steak night was actually over before the last table sat down. By 8pm everyone had gone.

This left it rather wanting. Having different tables with people sitting chatting and bantering between is what made the night special. Everyone was together and not distracted or incommunicado wearing a headset.

A couple of people mentioned this to me and while I agree in not having to wait hours for food we've kinda gone too far.
      Chaosphere -
      Thanks pen, that's a good point and something for us to think on for LAN 34.

You could have written that in the survey though, you know There are comment sections littered throughout
      Penfold -
      Yes, probably. Sorry.

I only remembered after I had completed the survey. My bad.

Loving your work.
      Penfold -
      While we're at it.

It would be *nice* if a few more people could stay on at the end to help clear up. It's the same people each time.

If you don't wan't to stay on then at least please can you clear your area - put stuff into the bin, move glasses etc.

Thanks to those of you who do stay on and please, a little consideration from those of you who don't.
      smilodon -
      What Penfold said re Steak Night. Maybe we could all sit down at the same time and run a quiz during dinner, order up a load of nibbles..... something to keep us together and occupied without hitting the kitchen with 30+ simultaneous steak orders.
      .DickDastardly. -
      It hadn't come to me that thought Pen, but yes in total agreement....although the table I was sat on we discussed RL things it was over a little too quick. I don't mind waiting for food it's part of going to a restaurant..having a conversation with those your sat with.
      sulky_uk -
      done.

Happy with everything, company good, food good....all good
      Chaosphere -
      Quote Originally Posted by smilodon View Post
      What Penfold said re Steak Night. Maybe we could all sit down at the same time and run a quiz during dinner, order up a load of nibbles..... something to keep us together and occupied without hitting the kitchen with 30+ simultaneous steak orders.
      Yes my first thought was something along these lines too. It's something we will think on. I'm sure we can bring the best of both parts of it to October.

Thanks all who have completed it so far. Keep the answers coming folks, the more information the better we can direct the LANs.
      Gortex -
      The last question was not how it was written originally... and clear case of admin leader over stepping their controls to make it all about him.

Give Chaos 1 job and ........
      Chaosphere -
      Jealousy doesn't suit you Gortex

The people have spoken and it's 100% to my golden locks
      BrotherTobious -
      hahahah your golden locks pah step aside! Pnuts, Taggel, Penguin and I will show you real golden locks
      .DickDastardly. -
      Quote Originally Posted by Chaosphere View Post
      Jealousy doesn't suit you Gortex

never seen 'em didn't get my vote
      Chaosphere -
      Quote Originally Posted by BrotherTobious View Post
      hahahah your golden locks pah step aside! Pnuts, Taggel, Penguin and I will show you real golden locks
      Well you've got me there
      Taggel -
      lol i totally agree with Tobious xD. Filled in the survey everything was awesome only thing i mentioned in it was about the 5v5/6v6 csgo team pickings.
      Chaosphere -
      Huge thanks to all who have answered the survey so far. If you haven't, and you attend the LANs, please take a few minutes today to go through and give us your thoughts.

Once we have closed it off and had a chance to discuss the results as a group, we will post up some of the results and our thoughts on them, and how we are looking to implement changes as we go along.
      RogueTaylor -
      completed it sorry for being late <3
      Chaosphere -
      Hi guys, thanks to all who have completed the survey so far. We are going to close it on TUESDAY, two weeks after it went up.

We will give you guys some of the results soon after, so you have some idea of how the community are voting as a whole.

We won't be going into things at length publicly though, as there is a lot we need to discuss further behind the scenes before deciding what steps to take next.

Cheers, and please do complete the survey if you have not done so already!