• Discord

• LAN XXXVII Booking Thread

READ CAREFULLY! THE BOOKING FORM HAS CHANGE (AGAIN)!

7th to 10th of May 2020

How to book your place at LAN XXXVII -

1. Call the Oliver Cromwell Hotel - 01354 602890 - book a room, mentioning that you are booking for the dMw LAN to get the reduced rates (see below).
    2. Complete THIS FORM. Without this form, you have NOT booked your place at the LAN. If we fill up, someone could still steal your spot if they get this in before you!

With your room booked and the booking form completed, you have booked your room! I will add you to the list below!

A few of us are planning to get to the LAN on Wednesday night. Anyone is welcome to join us! This is a SOCIAL ONLY evening, with absolutely no gaming involved. The LAN room will NOT be available until we have set it up on Thursday morning. The LAN itself will start on Thursday afternoon.

The Booking Form
    The idea here is to gather as much information as possible, as early as possible. Hopefully this cuts down on the number of forum threads needing to be checked and orders chased up in the build up to the LAN.

THE FORM HAS CHANGED SLIGHTLY. You are now required to login to a Google Account to complete the form. THIS ENABLES USER EDITING. This way, if you don't want to pick your steak order now, or want to check what you ordered the week before the LAN, you can go back and look at / edit your form! Editing will not be possible within the week prior to the LAN, but new brand new forms (for late sign-ups) can still be submitted.

Although the form is required to book your gaming place, you do NOT need to answer every question now if you don't want to - there is an option for 'Not sure yet' on the food sign up. Furthermore, it will still be possible to change orders if you change your mind down the road, just drop one of the LAN admins a line!

The more information we get at sign-up the better, but don't worry at all if you don't know what you want yet. We will chase you down in due time

The LAN
    We hope to make it a great weekend for all. Kick off is Thursday afternoon, but don't fret if you can't make it til later! There is stuff going on all weekend.

The Oliver Cromwell Hotel offers:
    The Noble Suite - an air conditioned conference room
    24/7 access to the suite
    dMw control of entry to the suite
    Late night bar
    Gymnasium
    Large indoor swimming pool
    Eight-person Jacuzzi
    Sauna and Steam room

Room Costs
    The hotel offers us the following reduced rates for the LAN -
    Double room - £50 per night.
    Twin room - £66 per night - this works out as £33 EACH when you share with a mate!

dMw Costs:

LAN ATTENDEES
    Supporting Member:- £10 (this has not changed)
    Non-Supporting Member:- £25 (this includes an automatic upgrade to Supporting Member status for one year)

SOCIAL ATTENDEES
    Supporting Member:- £0 (this has not changed)
    Non-Supporting Member:- £12 (this includes an automatic upgrade to Supporting Member status for one year)

Travel:- we will do our best to arrange pick up and drop off from the major London airports. If you find yourself stuck or simply want to share a lift, post in the travel plans thread.

Gear:- there will be a packing thread posted soon. The basics are some sort of PC and monitor, with peripherals including headphones - speakers are a no no. If you're desperate to game but can't get a PC to the LAN, ask around, we have in the past been able to source PCs from generous members of the community willing to lend - in exchange for a beer or 3 of course

Seating:-
    seating details will be released at the event.

Please note that we have now included the LAN Disclaimer into the booking form. If you have any questions about this, please get in touch. You have not secured your LAN place until you have accepted the Disclaimer and completed the rest of the booking form it is attached to.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: LAN XXXVII Booking Thread started by Chaosphere View original post
    Comments 27 Comments
      Chaosphere -
      Gaming

1. Chaos - Wednesday
      2. JazzieBee - Wednesday
      3. Smilodon - Wednesday
      4. Gortex - Wednesday
      5. GhostMjr - Wednesday
      6. Jewelz - Wednesday
      7. MyopicSniper - Thursday
      8. RogueTaylor - Wednesday
      9. Evilntwisted - Thursday
      10. Gibbo - Thursday
      11. Albert - Thursday
      12. Sparko - Friday
      13. Gunda - Wednesday
      14. Addx9 - Wednesday
      15. A_Cheese_Puff - Thursday
      16. TwoBad - Thursday
      17. De_Blob - Thursday

Social

1. OldBloke - Saturday
      Chaosphere -
      LAN XXXVII booking is now open for supporting members!

Huzzah!
      Jewelz^ -
      Form complete, room booked.
      smilodon -
      Likewise
      RogueTaylor -
      Booked a twin room with Addx9 for Wednesday-Sunday. Formed filled. Looking forward to these few days away with you lot. This time we have more board games !!!
      Evilntwisted -
      Room booked and form completed. Cant wait to game with you all again.
      Gibbo -
      book and form completed xx
      albert -
      All booked. Form, hotel and flights (virus special offer!) Thursday to Sunday.
      Chaosphere -
      Fantastic! List updated!
      Sparko -
      Booked and form completed
      Gunda -
      room booked, form filled in
      Chaosphere -
      Good stuff guys, list updated!
      Chaosphere -
      Few more forms done, list updated

The Google form didn't have an option for having BOTH a racing wheel and joystick - some of you have already let me know you have both, cheers!

I've added the option in, feel free to edit your form if you do have both
      Chaosphere -
      LAN booking is now open for all.

Keep in mind people that with the current COVID situation we really don't know if the LAN will go ahead or not. At the moment we are still planning the event, but with how things are escalating that could change within 10 minutes of me writing this post.

We will keep you all updated as best as possible.

For the Council statement on the situation (at the time of writing this) please follow the link below -

https://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/show...994#post440994
      smilodon -
      Cheers, I'd suggest people don't book holiday they might struggle to cancel, but then whose still working right now.
      I've got the virus at the moment so in theory in May I can travel about without issue and there may be quite a few of us who have been ill and are now post Covid 19, that might enjoy the break from the monotony.
      Then again the OC might close, we might have large numbers of LAN attendees down with the flu, who knows.

As Chaos says it all up in the air and we may have to cancel or reschedule very close to the LAN date.

On the flip the OC have been very good to us over the years and I'm sure they are struggling like many other businesses.
      If we can still safely get up to the hotel that week I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

I guess we'll wait and see.
      Evilntwisted -
      It wouldnt be the same but if it doesnt go ahead in person we could still try and meet up online and play games together. Could still have the tournaments.
      sulky_uk -
      i cant attend this year because i cant get the time off, even if i could get the leave, we are in total shut down in Saudi Arabia. No flights in/out. So evils idea would be good for me if the Lan was axed i endorse this
      albert -
      Quote Originally Posted by smilodon View Post
      Cheers, I'd suggest people don't book holiday they might struggle to cancel, but then whose still working right now.
      I've got the virus at the moment so in theory in May I can travel about without issue and there may be quite a few of us who have been ill and are now post Covid 19, that might enjoy the break from the monotony.
      Then again the OC might close, we might have large numbers of LAN attendees down with the flu, who knows.

As Chaos says it all up in the air and we may have to cancel or reschedule very close to the LAN date.

On the flip the OC have been very good to us over the years and I'm sure they are struggling like many other businesses.
      If we can still safely get up to the hotel that week I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

I guess we'll wait and see.
      Totally agree with this approach. Get well mate, I know one other 40 something who is not enjoying being in bed ill right now.

I bought my flight ticket from Amsterdam but if the airlines are still stopping European flights I'll be refunded.

Main thing is we get through this without crowd infecting more people who are vulnerable than is already happening because of beech goers and caravaners in the highlands.

My wife and I were suppoed to be in the UK from last Friday to attend a Christening where we would have beceome godparents. Our decision not to travel was not based on how well we could weather a bout of the virus but how many people we gave it to whilst travelling.

I shudder to think what the UK and US will go through in the next 4 weeks.
      Chaosphere -
      Hi all, I am afraid the situation has escalated in the UK and as a result the LAN has been cancelled.

This results not just from the absolute ban on social gatherings for the next 3 weeks, but also and importantly an increasing feeling that regardless of the state of social gatherings in the first week in May (still banned or not), to go ahead with the LAN at that time would not be morally appropriate.

I know some will be upset with this, I am not happy myself, but please try to understand where it is coming from and why.

See below for more -

https://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/cont...N-and-COVID-19
      RogueTaylor -
      Tis a shame but thanks for letting us know and for contacting to the hotel so we don't have to. Have the week off anyway so will see you all online hopefully in May, still plenty of fun to be had online.