• Discord

• WAN: What to play? community suggestions

WAN Dates- April 23-25

Howdy all, WAN is round the corner now and we have some ideas for games that we would like to play on the night but would like to see what the community would like to play. So far we have the main games being considered like among us, Wreckfest, Overwatch and a few others but we want to make sure we host nights that the community wants to so please do speak up and let us know what games you would like to be considered to be played at the WAN.

We will be putting up a poll in a week or two with all the games suggested and to see what people want to do at the WAN for the main Nights of it. Thank you all for reading and for any suggestions that you have!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: WAN: What to play? community suggestions started by RogueTaylor View original post
    Comments 24 Comments
      DiseasedBunny -
      Some old school games maybe? TF2 or csgo?
      sulky_uk -
      Did I miss the announcement of the dates as I can only find the poll
      Chaosphere -
      Dates will be April 23-25, I'll add this to rogues post.

This date was actually tied with the top spot (despite how the poll looks) as ghost had to retract his vote for the following weekend as he can no longer make that one.
      sulky_uk -
      Cheers ben
      BrotherTobious -
      COD: WZ customs (if we can somehow sort it)

Street Fighter Soul Cal some sort of knock out fighting tourney
      Chaosphere -
      Mmm, the fighting game should be easy to sort. Not sure about Warzone - does the game support private lobbies?

Any other suggestions?
      sulky_uk -
      battlefield 3 did alright at the last few wans...would prefer bf2 though

unreal tournament ( can we get the classic one working)?

some jackbox games

also ideas

The 127 best pc lan games

https://www.slant.co/topics/1646/~be...party-pc-games
      Sn00ks -
      Left 4 Dead 1 or 2. I think a lot of people have it already.
      sulky_uk -
      i agree with Snooks.
      Wan crew whatever is decided can we have a list of games at least a week before the Wan, so ppl like myself in the middle of a desert with only 200 meg fibre and 300 meg 5g can download it cheers

in all seriousness, some people may need a few days to DL (just a reminder)
      RogueTaylor -
      No worries Sulky the idea is to put up a poll of the games that we think will work. That poll will be left up for a week and we will share the results after, this should give plenty of time for people to download the games they need to. Games like war zone will easily take hour.. days and evens weeks to download.

If anyone else has any ideas please do say, we are discussing them and there are no wrong ideas... I think. Thanks to all who have given their ideas, games like left for dead and world war Z will be played more in the day time due to there limited numbers of players that can play at one time.
      sulky_uk -
      Bf2

bf2
      Chaosphere -
      Of course, sulks. List of titles will be up a good couple of weeks before the weekend.
      Thanks for all the suggestions, definitely some that are easy to run and would be a good laugh.

As rogue said, if we are playing Warzone I personally will need to go back to pre-COVID times to start the download.
      Oh, and I need Amazon to deliver me a few extra hard drives in advance too.

Sneakytiger -
      among us
      sulky_uk -
      Any news on the games list? Asking for a friend
      Chaosphere -
      Yes, it's coming at the weekend.

Nothing much out of the ordinary on it, we are keeping things simple as we aren't sure what the uptake will be like...
      DiseasedBunny -
      Quote Originally Posted by Chaosphere View Post
      Yes, it's coming at the weekend.

Nothing much out of the ordinary on it, we are keeping things simple as we aren't sure what the uptake will be like...
      the simpler the better for some of us
      BrotherTobious -
      How about a best time on a co op portal 2 test run.?
      SithAfrikaan -
      Brother Tobious that is a beautiful suggestion
      Chaosphere -
      I'm sure we could play it, perhaps Sunday afternoon.. I will add it to the games to download list and we can see who ends up with it.
      sulky_uk -
      As we have tf2, l4d2, portal 2....why not bf2?

All the 2's ;-)