• Discord

• **** Cancer

Inspired by Twyst's recent post detailing his current fight against cancer, we thought it would be a good time to come together and show some support as a community.

So, we are fundraising for Cancer Research UK. Click Here to donate, via Just Giving. Every penny goes to Cancer Research UK. Make sure you select the option to increase your donation via Gift Aid. This costs you nothing extra, but increases the money that goes to the charity.

This is in support of Twyst, but also of anyone else who has struggled against this vile disease. We know we have had many of our flock fighting against it over the years, and sadly it is something we also know we will see time and time again.

The research supported by charities like Cancer Research UK really does make a difference to many people. We're all in this together, and as community is what we do best, let's all put 2 fingers up and do what we can to help support the ongoing fight against it.

Cheers all.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: **** Cancer started by Chaosphere View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
      Penfold -
      Done.

For nothing else, it was worth it to see Oldie's post

OldBloke3 hours ago

My money's on a cure for cancer beating Star Citizen to release!

Chaosphere -
      Ha, absolutely!

I am delighted to say we have raised over £500 in one day, and I know there are a few who have yet to donate but plan to.

I've no doubt contributions like this help, it all adds up after all.

**** cancer.
      Sneakytiger -
      found this on you tube and thought of twyst.
      Penfold -
      I think we should just point out that this collection is also in memory of other members we have lost - NvG for one - but also for other members also fighting health battles, and particular cancer, on a daily basis. We have a few. Some haven't been made public to the wider community and there's some I'm sure we don't know about as well as their families.

Big shout out and all enveloping hug to each and every one.
      TheDvEight -
      Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
      I think we should just point out that this collection is also in memory of other members we have lost - NvG for one - but also for other members also fighting health battles, and particular cancer, on a daily basis. We have a few. Some haven't been made public to the wider community and there's some I'm sure we don't know about as well as their families.

Big shout out and all enveloping hug to each and every one.
      very true, still trying to get over the loss of my Nan who had lung cancer and was buried last month
      Chaosphere -
      Well everyone, we are currently sat at a staggering £907. Really amazing, I am delighted at what we have raised as a community. A huge thank you to everyone who has chipped in even during a time that is financially difficult for many. Big thanks as well to the extra support from the guys over at Grumpy Old Men Gaming, a console-based community that Mr Mike P games with, and showed our fundraiser to. As I have said before, this is something we are all in together.

Now to pester you all for the last time, I'd love to see us hit £1k! We are close.. I think we can do it. If anyone hasn't yet chipped in, and is able to spare even a little, it all adds up... we can get there! Please consider it, join us in putting 2 fingers up cancer.

Cheers!
      Ben / Chaos
      Penfold -
      OldBloke -
      We did it
      BrotherTobious -
      Amazing work all well done!!!!
      Chaosphere -
      Yep, I was delighted to see us hit that 1k mark. No small feat, I think, for a community such as ours to out of the blue raise that sum for charity and in only a few days.

I do hope to make this sort of thing perhaps an annual occurence for us, as I feel its an easy way for us to 'give something back' and show continued support to those of our flock who have to go through such tough times.

Many thanks to all who chipped in, and please do continue to do so if you haven't yet, but want to.

Cheers all!