• Discord

• Spring WAN 2021

Hi all, we are planning to gather on the discord next weekend, 23-25 / 4, for some all-day gaming festivities.

We have some planned games to be played mainly towards the evenings, but during the day we will be about playing various other bits and pieces as we fancy - or anything else new and shiny that pops up.

Get the games here downloaded now so that if you end up keen to play, you can join in without any fuss. All times are variable and highly subject to change if Ghosty turns up late!

We plan to keep it pretty chilled and flexible, these are really only suggestions - if you're desperate to get something else going then not a problem, we can help!

Cheers!

Friday
    1930-2130 - Wreckfest.
    2200 - Among Us.

Saturday
    1900-2100 - Brawlhalla.
    2130 - TF2, more Among Us or other social nonsense.

Sunday
    1900 - L4D2, Warzone.

Games List

TF2 - The more the merrier, ideally 2 big teams duking it out...
    L4D2 - If enough join we can do 4v4 here.
    Wreckfest - Loaner cars only, driving backwards both banned and encouraged simultaneously.
    Among Us - New map! I'm 100% trustworthy. 100%.
    Tabletop Simulator - Don't flip it.
    Brawlhalla - Free fighting game, we will run a simple tourney if enough people turn up!
    CoD: Warzone - Better get this download going now. Amazon have some 8TB HDDs if you are out of room.
    WWZ - We enjoyed this a lot last time.. let's shoot some more Zs.
    Portal 2 - Co-Op, possibly Sunday afternoon...
    Apex: Legends - Added late by Chaos who selfishly wants to play some again
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Spring WAN 2021 started by Chaosphere View original post
    Comments 21 Comments
      sulky_uk -
      cheers wan chaps
      Jewelz^ -
      All day gaming, starts at 19:00
      Chaosphere -
      "We have some planned games to be played mainly towards the evenings, but during the day we will be about playing various other bits and pieces as we fancy - or anything else new and shiny that pops up."

I mean at least you can count past 5 now, I guess literacy is next year ey mate.

OH and I just added Apex to the games list as I want to jump back in to that.
      Chaosphere -
      UPDATE -

Hi all

If you're keen to join in with any Among Us this weekend please read through the following guide, put together by addx9, for the positional audio we are going to be trying out - in the hopes of making the game a bit more entertaining!

The guide might at first appear complicated, but it is actually pretty straight forward and has been thoroughly explained in detailed steps... with pictures!

Please have a look through and follow the guide to get your Among Us set up and ready to play with positional audio, we will be force-muting discord and using this on Friday night so you need it set up if you intend to join.

Cheers!

Attachment 5873
      Penfold -
      This looks great. Thanks for organising Ben.
      Chaosphere -
      Credit is far from mine. Gortex, Ghost, and Rogue all deserve it too, and addx certainly did a great job with this positional audio thing, which I believe was his idea / discovery.

Anyway looking forward to some weekend gaming, good excuse to not revise for exams and so on.

I'll be floating around during the day Sat and Sun, will hover in discord. Come join in!
      sulky_uk -
      That mod looks good for Among us, but can i make a suggestion. Last Wan we played among us as it was supposed to be played, ie in deathly silence apart from the discussion side of it and TBH a few of us didn't like it, sitting for 2 hours in silence with about 3mins of chat wasn't very enjoyable for us more social types, although i know some of you prefer when you don't hear my wonderful voice

We ( there were a few) prefered the old way we played it, ie we can chat about anything during game except game related stuff (except in the discussions).

Would it be possible to have 2 types of game up, the hardcore way and the way we used to play it?

as we (well you) are trying to cater for all types at the WAN, would this be ok? i'm willing to host the 2nd game
      Penfold -
      Quote Originally Posted by Chaosphere View Post
      Credit is far from mine. Gortex, Ghost, and Rogue all deserve it too, and addx certainly did a great job with this positional audio thing, which I believe was his idea / discovery.

Anyway looking forward to some weekend gaming, good excuse to not revise for exams and so on.

I'll be floating around during the day Sat and Sun, will hover in discord. Come join in!
      Yes of course, thank you all!
      addx9 -
      Hopefully this is what this mod is trying to bring back, the only difference being you have to be close to someone in game =3
      sulky_uk -
      ok no worries, ill give it a go
      RogueTaylor -
      We don't want to split people up unless we have the numbers to support two games of course. if we end up with say 10 people then no matter what we will need two games up and if we want different rule sets in each lobby then we can do this. At the end of the day, all we want is to have a laugh and to vote Chaos off the ship since he is a Werewolf!!!
      Chaosphere -
      I'm the drunk. Or at least I will be in a few hours.

And to answer your question sulks, yes you can talk during rounds as far as I'm concerned, just not game stuff. I agree entirely silence during the actual game is no fun at all.

The proximity voice is there to add a bit of fun and maybe a bit more immersion. Same rule will apply, nothing in comms that can give the game away. If it doesn't end up working we will scrap it and go back to the norm, but I think its a cracking idea and well worth a trial!
      RogueTaylor -
      Morning ! Some good laughs yesterday and some great games, thanks all who was able to join in. Hoping to see some of you this afternoon for some more games, maybe a few rounds of WWZ or something else if other prefer. Then we will be hitting up the Brawlhalla tonight ... or I should say we will be hitting each other in Brawlhalla !!

This is a free to play smash like fighting game that is a lot of fun. Depending on numbers we will run some little tournament. This is only some light hardened fun... but I will destroy you all !! I recommend getting some practise in if possible or if people want we can train together during the afternoon.

None the less hope you all have a good day and look forward to chatting and gaming with yall !
      sulky_uk -
      figured out what was wrong with whats the dub, if anyone is around this afternoon just to test it
      Chaosphere -
      I'm going to get some Brawlhalla practice in too, I think

We might even have a prize, courtesy of Mr Sulks, for the winner
      Chaosphere -
      Excellent fun, thanks all who joined over the course of the day for the shenanigans.

The ending of the Among Us in particular hit just the right spot.

Tomorrow some of us will again be about during the day, playing whatever. In the evening we will try to get a few games of L4D going, perhaps with some Warzone too, but really anything goes so come stop in and say hello!

#VoteKickJewelz
      suicidal_monkey -
      Quote Originally Posted by Chaosphere View Post
      The ending of the Among Us in particular hit just the right spot.

...must...not...clip...corner
      ...take...the...racing...line
      ...bump...oops...SLASH!
      Chaosphere -
      I shall be your eyes.

Chaosphere -
      GGs again all.

Thanks to all who joined in, it made for a good weekend of gaming.

Now I think we can all agree... bring on the October LAN... fingers crossed eh!

BrotherTobious -
      Thank you to all who help set up run and organised the WAN, was so much fun and a great time.

Fingers crossed for Oct!!