View RSS Feed

Benny

Rugby musings

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
Let me tell you a little story about an event that happened 14 years ago. I was in Botswana on an international aid charity football event. Very much like the football event in Bedknobs and Broomsticks, but the participants were late. The Lion King was there but the hippo, elephant and rhino were all late. Anyway, to cut a long story short we had too many on our side so I agreed to referee (see picture below).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bedknobs-football.jpg 
Views:	1569 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	1462

I tossed the coin and as I went to pick it up, Rhino, Elephant and Hippo all arrived and in the furore all 3 stamped on my hand. I heard something crack and became a little worried. When the dust settled, I lifted my arm and shook off the dirt. It turns out that the earth underneath had cracked creating what is now known as a tectonic plate*.

Suffice to say us footballers are really manly and can crack the earth and run off broken spines, where as rugby players look like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gay-rugby.jpg 
Views:	784 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	1463

*That's not to be confused with a Tutonic plate which is essentially a plate full of cold bacon fat and lard that is eaten by northerners on a daily basis.

Submit "Rugby musings" to Digg Submit "Rugby musings" to del.icio.us Submit "Rugby musings" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rugby musings" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments