Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    those 5 viruses and 3 trojens were me, i used to have McAfee and it didnt detect them, i tryed avg and it found em and booted em for me!

I'm an F-secure man myself.

The other thing I noticed is that a lot of the test dates for AVG used virus files that were several months old. As AVG provides updates almost every week I am a little bit dubios about some of the claims. Without seeing the full reports I cannot comment on the validity of the testing and theres the rub... do you think they might be trying to get people to buy subscriptions and hence get the full reports?

Oh and AVG has never caused a crach unlike norton or mcafee
    VB use the Wild List http://www.wildlist.org which is definately the defacto standard in listing active real-threat viruses. Both organisations are completely independant. VB offers the complete report to Industry Professionals but it costs £100's of pounds a year.

However as VB say on their web site.....

However, do not over-emphasize detection rates when making a purchasing decision. The products given VB 100% awards should certainly be a good starting place.....
    Being free of charge makes AVG a very appealing prospect, and even a fairly good AV prog is better than no AV prog
    smilodon
    --
    Sent from the darkest recesses of a fractured mind, using the power of blood magic.

Just as a thought it may be advisable to run a backup of your system just in case it does get trashed. You then shouldn't lose anything important and can put it back to a pre Lan state.

Just as a thought it may be advisable to run a backup of your system just in case it does get trashed. You then shouldn't lose anything important and can put it back to a pre Lan state.
    XP 'nuff said.. 8) :afro:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information