Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by delanvital View Post
    Only possible scenario would be to end the occasional TK'ing killing spree from some non-regular trying to eradicate his own team by taking him out before everyone is killed. Would that be a good or bad thing to do? I've seen that happen and accepted it.
    That would be a bad thing to do. The best option is to kick/ban the player ASAP.

  2. #12
    Agree with Whitey. Responding like for like just escalates things - it's one of the reasons I get annoyed when regulars intentionally TW in spawn when they know there will be several restarts on a map. they think its funny but non-regulars think it is acceptable. Anyone who deliberately TWs gets slayed/kicked in my book. It is the on ly way to maintain standards.

  3. #13
    Section Admin - LAN sheepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Ely, Cambs
    Posts
    6,213
    rule on with a rod of iron~!

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    That would be a bad thing to do. The best option is to kick/ban the player ASAP.
    A few days ago we had a guy that started the round by killing a teammate, then started following the rest (while shooting obviously), so I banned him immediatly, but before doing so I shot his head off, but it was only to stop his killing spree, since I needed some time to find him on the player-list of the admin menu, by which he would've killed most of our team.
    Hope that isn't too bad though, since it was merely to avoid having more players senselessly killed.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by =|B ° K|= View Post
    A few days ago we had a guy that started the round by killing a teammate, then started following the rest (while shooting obviously), so I banned him immediatly, but before doing so I shot his head off, but it was only to stop his killing spree, since I needed some time to find him on the player-list of the admin menu, by which he would've killed most of our team.
    Hope that isn't too bad though, since it was merely to avoid having more players senselessly killed.
    I think this is ok in this type of situation. However, we should choose the menu option if time allows. I have done the same a few times. I think it is right to permanently ban them immediately. It is plain obvious that he didn't belong on our server.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sadako View Post
    I think this is ok in this type of situation. However, we should choose the menu option if time allows. I have done the same a few times. I think it is right to permanently ban them immediately. It is plain obvious that he didn't belong on our server.
    I was of course referring to a situation where you can't get to the menu in time. I.e. at spawn where the offender could wipe out evrybody rather quick. But I will stick to the menu regardless. So far I've done so anyway.

  7. #17
    Community Administrator Jewelz^'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    South East Kent
    Posts
    1,957
    mani admins can't perm ban, max ban = 2hour?

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelz^ View Post
    mani admins can't perm ban, max ban = 2hour?
    If you do a temp ban, then inform a senior admin of the person's ID, they can make it permanent.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelz^ View Post
    max ban = 2hour?
    4 I think. Could be wrong though

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sadako View Post
    If you are AFK for a shorter while tell an admin that you will be back in x mins to avoid being kicked.
    Just to pick up on this point, I usually take a break for smoke/refresh drink every couple of rounds or so. I'm not about to start asking permission to be excused like I was a schoolkid, so perhaps the admins could exercise some discretion with their trigger fingers and not kick regulars because we don't jump when told.

    When I quit a server, I log out. If I'm not logged out, then I'm coming back. There - that's no so hard to understand, is it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •