Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BF2142 Server

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill me. Err, hang on.........
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBall View Post
    It's called "The Meathook BF2142" running on 77.108.129.47:16567
    Yup, it running on the old BF2 port of 16567, not the usual BF2142 port 17567. I think this makes the browser miss it on a normal scan.

Got there after 2 disconnections. Then BF2142 crashed and after a complete restart of BF2142 I got in.
    Flew around a bit and had a ping of 60 so it was allright. But then again, it was just some solo-flying for 20 minutes or so so I decided to go on a rankedserver.
    Survivor of LAN V, VI, VIII, IX, X, XII, XIV, XVI, XVIII, XX, XXIV, XXX, XXXII, XXXIV and XXXVI so far...
    Lionheart; Grolsch to DuVeL is like spinache to Popeye
    Cheesepuff...A cyborg is sent from the future on a deadly mission. He has to kill Ninja_Freak, a young Man whose life will have a great significance in years to come.Ninja has only one protector - DuVeL - also sent from the future. The Terminator uses his exceptional intelligence and strength to find Ninja_Freak & attempt to terminate him.

2pence worth

FINALLY now i can stop buggin lib about killing him in bf

oh btw anyone else notice that after 10 hours of playing bf2142 when u go back to bf2 it seems so easy to hit stuff?
    Last edited by ghoule211; 22nd August 2007 at 06:22 AM. Reason: adding stuff to it

Quote Originally Posted by ghoule211 View Post
    2pence worth

FINALLY now i can stop buggin lib about killing him in bf

oh btw anyone else notice that after 10 hours of playing bf2142 when u go back to bf2 it seems so easy to hit stuff?

I havn't played BF2 yet after BF2142.
    Might try it another time...
    It would be nice if the people can check out several unlocks (as in picking up kits so they can see if it's worth the unlock).
    Survivor of LAN V, VI, VIII, IX, X, XII, XIV, XVI, XVIII, XX, XXIV, XXX, XXXII, XXXIV and XXXVI so far...
    Cheesepuff...A cyborg is sent from the future on a deadly mission. He has to kill Ninja_Freak, a young Man whose life will have a great significance in years to come.Ninja has only one protector - DuVeL - also sent from the future. The Terminator uses his exceptional intelligence and strength to find Ninja_Freak & attempt to terminate him.

Quote Originally Posted by DuVeL View Post

I havn't played BF2 yet after BF2142.
    Might try it another time...
    It would be nice if the people can check out several unlocks (as in picking up kits so they can see if it's worth the unlock).

OK Pete I hear ya

Earned Unlocks now allowed on the server

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBall View Post
    OK Pete I hear ya

Earned Unlocks now allowed on the server
    I do have to say that there is quit a difference between the basic weapons and the unlocks (as an example the basic engineer antitank and the pilum, usually 4 shots with the first 1 to destroy a tank from the front/side and 2 shots with the Pilum).
    Probably when there is a game going on with only -=[dMw]=-'ers and not all people have the unlocks we might need a rule like; "Don't use unlocks when a game is on". Otherwise the more experienced players have a really great advantage to the newer guys and we're still -=[dMw]=-.

If anyone wants to check an unlock on the server then let me know.
    I've almost got all the unlocks now (except the DS-22 Sniper Decoy and CM3-N Radar Grenade) but I'll probably have these soon (Kakehund/Ragnarh has all of the unlocks).
    For a detaild discription about all the unlocks check out your own profile at http://www.2142-stats.com/ or; http://www.2142-stats.com/DuVeL_NL+Unlocks.html
    Hovering over the unlocks gives a nice read about what they do but best thing is to check them at our server...

Just tried joining the server (actually bout 6 hours ago) and got the error message "you have a more up to date version installed"

I only have the latest patch it looks like some patching is to be done or for me to scale back to 1.25 (i have 1.40 with the highway tampa map from intel)

BF2142-1.40 patch is just a BETA-version as of what I've heard so far. No official patch released yet so 1.25 is still the official one to be used untill EA releases 1.40 officially.

BB, we tryed to speak last night on the Comms (me and Exodus) but couldn't hear eachother (I know my VC's work in BF2142 but will check them again).
    Maybe trying it with Liberator when he has some time.

For the rest Ex, I hope you got to know the different unlocks a bit. Let me know if you want to know about a certain unlock.
    But are you playing from Pakistan or such? Through BF2142stats it seems so...
    Last edited by DuVeL; 23rd August 2007 at 08:22 AM.

I think there was a port problem. Once the new firewall is installed Gandy is going to ensure that our previous port settings for BF2 are placed on the new firewall for BF2142 (the port requirements are the same). Should have VC working in the next day or so, thanks for testing last night and appreciate everyones patience.

Good to hear, will do a soundcheck then...
    It's a bit easier to explain the unlocks over VC's.
    Exodus knows quit a bit allready now (but I wont tell him everything ).
    Hopefully an inhouse scrim can be done sometime (4vs4 or more).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information