Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Map? What map? Kill? who?

OK, I sometimes see the map; butmost of the time I don't. Who controls it and when?

I somtimes see a "Kill" icon. What does it mean ffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Rouge View Post
    OK, I sometimes see the map; but most of the time I don't. Who controls it and when?

I sometimes see a "Kill" icon. What does it mean ffs?
    Kill icon indicates where the enemy bomb carrier is, or rather was, located. If it's the friendly bomb carrier 'kill' is replaced with 'defend'. Don't know what you mean about the map.

The map is known as "UAV" to call it in yourself or a team member needs to kill 3 consecutive people without dying or three people in one life.

Then it will display when u have killed 3 people a message will appear on your HUD to as you to press 6 this will enable the UAV for 3 kills, air strike for 4 and heli for 6.

-=[dMw]=-GhostMjr

nm people have faster fingers than mine....
    PEN
    (Formerly: ThePENDRAGON)

Hi LR,

Pop on the public server sometime an we can talk you through it, don't be afraid to ask questions during the game either ;)

dMw uses 4 cod4 game types:

Domination: capture and hold as many flags as possible (maximum 3) If you happen to be holding 2 for the majority of the time, your team score will be going up faster than the '1 flag team'

Headquarters: capture the flag, but this time there is only one, and it randomly appears in different locations, try an hold the flag for as long as possible, once captured, it will be adding to your team score for 30 seconds (unless destroyed) then the next capture point generates, also, once the flag has been captured, your team mates won't be able to spawn again (if killed) until the either the 30 seconds is up or if destroyed (In which there is no points in destroying)

Sabotage: 2 teams that spawn at each end of the map and the bomb is in the middle, you need to capture the bomb and plant it at the enemies base (aka their spawn point) this is marked with 'target' on screen. If the enemy has the bomb, there will be a 'kill' symbol over the bomb carrier, if your teammate has the bomb, it will have 'defend' over the carrier. There is a time period for each round, if the bomb has not exploded within this time frame, it will then go to sudden death (with radar), this means you need to either kill all of the enemy or destroy the 'target' (enemy base) First to 3 rounds wins.

Search and destroy: 2 teams, first to 7 rounds wins, each team has 2 opportunities to defend bomb spots (A and B) and also play as the 'bombers'. Theres no re-spawning until next round.

There is a map rotation (http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=24243) which will soon be updated to the latest, this is chosen to best suit the game mode
    Last edited by Snokio; 24th June 2009 at 07:52 PM.
    Bring on the randomness!
    Apparently I actually exist! Or maybe it was the drink?

What about RPG? are they allowed?

10x, cu on da server :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Le Rouge View Post
    What about RPG? are they allowed?

10x, cu on da server :-)
    TBH I haven't seen that many seasoned players using RPG or gren launchers.
    They are simply not that effective (although pretty annoying when you do get killed by 1).
    Regards
    Blunt

People who blow things out of proportion are worse than Hitler.

we have no restriction on weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
    TBH I haven't seen that many seasoned players using RPG or gren launchers.
    They are simply not that effective (although pretty annoying when you do get killed by 1).

I think Armitage uses them sometimes (vs choppers), atleast the 3 nades thing lol.
    Think I'll get them back on a setup of mine.

LeRouge, got your mic working now?
    For the rest, da_Ricci will be on shortly so hopefully someone can tell him what to do aswell.

BTW, if you see kill, it means someone on the opposite team has the bomb but do keep in mind there's a few seconds delay on that, if he's moving fast and you aim fo "kill", it doesn't mean he's there anymore. I think it's a 4-5 seconds delay which is quit a bit sometimes in CoD4.

Another thing, CoD4 is a tad screwed. Sometimes, endresult; 6 score 6, someone wins and when someone wins the last round and they are loosing 3 to 5 but have the last win, CoD4 screws it up and says the last team with a win wins...

Ahwell, game on and level up for better guns.
    Best tip; Use one gun you're familiar with and get all the extras for it untill you go for a next gun. This is also better for shooting with some guns but if you get more unlocks for one gun and use them, you get more points which help you get to lvl 55 faster.
    Also, if you want to rank up faster, check the assignments for points you can do.
    Even shooting down heli's gives you points which can rank up nicely.

HTH.
    Survivor of LAN V, VI, VIII, IX, X, XII, XIV, XVI, XVIII, XX, XXIV, XXX, XXXII and XXXIV so far...
    Lionheart; Grolsch to DuVeL is like spinache to Popeye
    Cheesepuff...A cyborg is sent from the future on a deadly mission. He has to kill Ninja_Freak, a young Man whose life will have a great significance in years to come.Ninja has only one protector - DuVeL - also sent from the future. The Terminator uses his exceptional intelligence and strength to find Ninja_Freak & attempt to terminate him.

Good tips Duvel.
    P90/red dot is my weapon of choice atm, although I do have a silenced M16A4 which I must start using.
    Claymores are my preciousssss though
    Regards
    Blunt

People who blow things out of proportion are worse than Hitler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information