Blog Entries

HTC Hero - Calendar

Just a quick note on the Calendar which iscurrently vexing me.

The Hero runs several calendars:

'My Calendar' - this is the phone's own calendar
    Outlook - this is the one synched from your PC's Outlook to the Hero via HTC Synch
    UK Holidays - for the phone and kind of obvious
    <yourgooglemail@gmail.com> - the Google contacts calendar - this one is synched with Google Contacts online

To change the default calendar that is used for these events make sure that you put in a new appointment and then at the very top line of the appointment window select the appropriate default calendar. Future appointments will now default to your selected calendar.

Problem
    My problem comes in that I used HTC Synch to move my Outlook calendar details over to the HTC Hero. I had hoped to then have them synched up to the Google Calendar, but I have found that only entries in my <yourgooglemail@gmail.com> calendar are synched to my Google Calendar, not any other calendar. So the appointments I put into the phone and inadvertently used 'My Calendar' are not in Google Calendar and the appointments from Outlook are not in Google Calendar either. So how do I move birthdays and appointments from a non-Google Calendar on my Hero into Google Calendar on my phone so that they synch with Google?

The obvious answer might be to import from Outlook direct to Google, but this is not currently an option for me (for reasons I'll not go into).

So, does anyone know how to maybe export HTC calendar data from the phone to my PC in the form of a CSV so that I can re-import to Google? Or is there another way?
    TL.
    Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. (Tom Wilson)
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

I too have had some trouble, but that was mostly learning to avoid using the MyCalendar option to make the sync work.

If I get you right, you have a ton of MyCalendar entries, which you would basically like to relabel from MyCalendar to some Google Calendar label and then use the phones sync function to sync your calendar with google.

Could this in any way help you?

http://www.cyrket.com/package/com.an...endar_importer

http://www.cyrket.com/package/com.an...lendarimporter

And I reckon for some reason this is not an option?
    http://www.jakeludington.com/ask_jak...matically.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delanvital View Post
    If I get you right, you have a ton of MyCalendar entries, which you would basically like to relabel from MyCalendar to some Google Calendar label and then use the phones sync function to sync your calendar with google.
    Correct. I found out about the calendars after my first synch with Outlook (hence the entries in MyCalendar) and after I lost access to the Outlook pst.

But none of the addons linked actually work! So I continue to search for a solution!
    TL.
    Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. (Tom Wilson)
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

Quote Originally Posted by TeaLeaf View Post
    Correct. I found out about the calendars after my first synch with Outlook (hence the entries in MyCalendar) and after I lost access to the Outlook pst.

But none of the addons linked actually work! So I continue to search for a solution!
    Rebooting the phone often helps making the less stable apps work. Perhaps worth a shot.

I too have been looking for a way to relabel the MyCalendar entires. Initially, the phone prefers that, instead og regular google labels. Frustrating.

Thread Information