Thread: Why I stall....

Red face Why I stall....

Hi All,

Been getting to grips with LFS on single player using my (rather old and crappy) Saitek R220. Before you all say bin it and get a G25, it might be an R220 but it's definately not £220 if you know what I mean .

I was starting to get frustrated, nay, angry, to the point of throwing my poor Saitek around the room because I keep stalling especially when I start to gear down and brake into a corner. Then I thought, what if I'm just rubbish at this and it's not the whee'ls fault.

So question, what is happening when say I'm going along nicely in 5th and want to get down to 3rd and to a suitable speed to hit a corner as fast as it can be taken.....then I end up losing my steering and get stuck in the high gear and end up hitting a barrier?

And then I try to go into reverse and I have to go into neutral, hold the brake until everthing zeros and then go into reverse and it works, otherwise I press the gas pedal but as much as I try I won't move, that is until I do the neutral thing above.

Am I just rubbish, or is it the wheel?

Please put me out of my misery.
    Cheers, Bert

Game Leader - Racing
    Have you set the clutch to auto in the lfs options?

Hi Jamin,

I checked and I only have options for Sequential or Button for the Clutch, nay clues to where I find the setting?
    Cheers, Bert

Game Leader - Racing
    In options/driver, select gear shift mode to sequential and set auto clutch to yes:

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options

Thanks man, will give that a go .
    Cheers, Bert

Thread Information