Always Remembered

FZR@ Blackwood GP (Reversed)

Apparently, that cabbie/crasher Mauni is moaning that there isn't a thread yet regarding last nights One Hour Spectacular. Well what a good turnout, great to see so many people on track after Andy, Sean and I were rabbiting on about lack of drivers on Tuesday night.EasyEd carried the Stars and Stripes to pole position with a brilliant 1.08.97 and the next 8 drivers were within 2sec a lap. I qualified in 6th, less than asecond behind the Virginia Flyer.I got a good start which lasted the whole 100 meters to turn 1, when cabbie/crasher Mauni and I had a slight coming together for which he has graciously apologised. I was spat out into the wall, whilst he disappeared with the rest of the field, with nary a twitch. However he should withdraw the apology as it was mea culpa, as the cold front end slipped me into his path and there was nowt he could do about it. I managed to get back on the pace, caught and passed B0dek, Crazy, Sheepy, Jamin and Dee (who reported Gear problems) only to spin-out of my own volition a few laps later.I was passed by Jamin, Sheepy and Dee and in my anxiety to get away, I overheated the clutch and spent the next 4 or 5 laps cruising round and was passed by Crazy The clutch started biting by the one third distance and I managed to squeeze past Crazy. Shortly after, we lost Dee to a Disco. Hard luck Adrian, I know you get fewer opportunities to race these days, so it must be an absolute bummer to lose connection on a night you can race.We then lost Ben, who spectated just as I was pitting at the 30 minute mark. Good stop, no changes so came out 8th, just in front of Crazy but 40+ secs behind Sheepy.Time to make a move Sheepy hadn't pitted, but by the time he did I was about 30 secs behind and only 5secs by the time he was up to speed. I caught him by the 40 min markand followed him round for a few laps looking for a gap, made a lunge on the inside of T1 and clipped him and we both went into the gravel. Sorry Sheepy, my fault again.After all that hard work I was 5+ secs back again but fortunately for me, he lost the back end on the last turn a few laps later and I got past.The last 15 mins showed that I was right to go with R2 tyres, they were perfect, and I was consistently in the 1.10's.Well done Ed, Sean and especially Deetz who has been badly missed. Great to see you back on again Great to finish a race, (the first this year) and even better to be able to sit for an hour+
    A special well done to Seany, who did his first one hour race admin duties admirably.

Game Leader - Racing
    Congrats to Ed bad luck to disco Dee

I hadn't been on all week and missed quali to eat, so I took it easy which was paying off as one by one people went off but I dropped out due to the phone.

Thanks to Seany for doing the admin despite me forgetting to add a few vital commands to the instructions (no one noticed )

Well done Ed

It was a good race with a surprisingly nice turn out. I had a good chase with Mauni for most of the race

Thanks to every one for coming along. And very nice to have Deetz on again.

Yeah, was a fun combo for me so I spent a few hours late at night running up practice laps.

Thanks for the 'grats

Too bad about Dee's disco but good to see Detz again !

Responsibilities have made it harder for me to get on most afternoons and with my boys out of the house away at college I think I've had a bad case of "empty nest syndrome" amplified by missing my better half even more these days. So I haven't been feeling real sociable. But I'm hoping to come out of my cave more often

Quote Originally Posted by Lameduck View Post
    I got a good start which lasted the whole 100 meters to turn 1, when cabbie/crasher Mauni and I had a slight coming together for which he has graciously apologised. I was spat out into the wall, whilst he disappeared with the rest of the field, with nary a twitch. However he should withdraw the apology as it was mea culpa, as the cold front end slipped me into his path and there was nowt he could do about it.
    Sorry for the late reply. I foolishly bookmarked the future of dMr thread and forgot to check the others .
    I can agree with 50/50 racing incident, but refuse to withdraw my apology

The race was a okay for me. Good racing with Sean. I should really practise my pit stops as I lose seconds by not hitting the pit box at first attempt

Thread Information