Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4

Quote Originally Posted by ArithonUK View Post
    Actual bullets are paid DLC.
    I can see this happening, but the first thing like a lot of you have said is its just becoming a call of duty type, where they re-re-re-re-release the same game year on year, I hope they don't but ehh what can you do, I know doubt will be suckered into buying it

Regards
    Blunt

People who blow things out of proportion are worse than Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by DICE
    It’s a great showcase of a lot of different aspects of the game. Lots of people say ‘oh, my favourite thing about Battlefield is this’, and depending on the personality of the consumer, they want to see different things.
    No, I disagree. People's favourite things about BattleField were the features of BattleField, not Call of Duty, so claiming people all want something different is basically claiming you hear them, but choose to ignore them and are making Modern Warfare 4 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by About the campaign
    One of the things we’re most happy with is that people actually pick up on the characters. They remember their names. How often do you do that in a game, really? People talk to me about the characters, for a game like Battlefield, you could argue that it’s just a shooter, so who cares. For us it’s important to grow up a bit and create a great story, a character you care about, where you feel involved in their actions and that’s based on the core idea of the whole game, that we want to move elements of multiplayer into singleplayer.
    Like a fish's bicycle single-player is, at best, superfluous to BattleField. Care about the characters? I care more that they wasted huge amounts of time and money creating what amounts to a graphics demo, rather than working on a BattleField multiplayer title worthy of the franchise. Scripted single player, characterisation, "Bond like" openings; are any of these things anything anybody has ever associated with BattleField? No.

Quote Originally Posted by ArithonUK View Post
    No, I disagree. People's favourite things about BattleField were the features of BattleField, not Call of Duty, so claiming people all want something different is basically claiming you hear them, but choose to ignore them and are making Modern Warfare 4 anyway.

Like a fish's bicycle single-player is, at best, superfluous to BattleField. Care about the characters? I care more that they wasted huge amounts of time and money creating what amounts to a graphics demo, rather than working on a BattleField multiplayer title worthy of the franchise. Scripted single player, characterisation, "Bond like" openings; are any of these things anything anybody has ever associated with BattleField? No.
    Cannot add to this ^^
    except maybe...
    Whattheysaid.jpg
    Regards
    Blunt

People who blow things out of proportion are worse than Hitler.

We've been given one gameplay demo and already a DLC has been announced? I smell cash cow dung.

3 Factions isn't that surprising. I would be surprised if they were all available on one map. It basically means more DLC available because there are more terrains are possible and more unit types and weapons to skin. Commander making a comeback is more surprising, but so long as they're still trying to shovel DLC down peoples throats at the expense of a quality it's not really a good sign. If the commander is somehow tied to the dronestrike DLC then that would summarise in one move everything that is wrong with EA.

On a final note, it's still not going to be available on steam and it's still not sensibly priced which are on their own enough to put me off.

i expect i'll be trying this out at eurogamer this year, btw any 1 going to eurogamer this year?
    Remember when I promised to kill you last?…I lied!(arnie-commando)

3 factions isn't even all that if you take a step back and think about it. It's just going to feel like a larger version of Squad DM already in BF3.

The return of Commander alone would secure my purchase.. As soon as it's confirmed I'm in!!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information