Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill me. Err, hang on.........
    Cheers Toby and Ninja, another great weekend.

As for the drone.....

I couldn't really fly it higher than I did because the wind was a little too strong out of the shade of where we were and I hadn't attached the safety rotor cage. It cost me £500 including the flight case from here, but off their eBay shop. It was cheaper from China, but didn't want to risk it and returning it to Edinburgh if it went wrong seemed to be worth the extra.

It's a Walkera QR-X350 and is no longer available. It's been updated to the "pro" version which is a little more pricey, but has a bigger battery compartment and so can fly for about 5 extra minutes.

I checked the SD card in the basic on board camera when I got home and it did actually capture a few minutes of footage, some of it is Pens groin while he stalked it with his phone. I'll see what usable stuff is on the card.

I do have this old screen grab off a Go-Pro clone I had connected to it on it's first test flight, it was as high as I dare send it on it's maiden flight. It was taken into sun so a little bit of glare.

vlcsnap-2014-01-20-10h24m08s45.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherTobious View Post
    See you all around.
    Not before December like we agreed..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Freak View Post
    Not before December like we agreed..
    umm who the hell are you????

"It's hard, but not as hard as Arma!!!" Tutonic
    "This game is horribly broken" Oldbloke
    "Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon.." Terry Pratchetts

At last we are home. We did enjoy a couple of days in London after the LAN.

Thanks to all the guys behind the scenes. Ninja & Toby, but especially Oldbloke that pulled me in to DMW in the beginning, to Tealeaf that told us that if we turned up on Heatrow he would get us to March. And He did! To the others from Ålesund that guided us to London and into TL's arms. Thanks to everyone we met, and those I didn't get to meet properly. Thanks to the hotel for great service and great food and drink. Thanks to everyone on our table during the Steak Night. Thanks to Penfold for the great whisky.

My wife and I had a great time, we felt very welcome and included by everyone.

I hope we will be able to do it again!

Hildegunn & Verner

Just arrived back at home.

Thanks everyone for the blast of a time. Special thanks to TwoBad who provided "shipping" from Luton to Lan, Albert for the room share, and to Teaelle who hosted me on Sunday, and Monday, plus some lifts across town, and back to Luton.

Will hopefully make it for next October.

Anyway, off to bed now; up in 6 hours.
    Last edited by Gorion; 22nd October 2014 at 01:38 PM.
    Guild Wars 2 - Characters: Dragelis / Estril / Viliona
    Battle.net - LydonB#2167
    Warframe - LydonB

Blog Entries
    My new toy has arrived time to practice hoping not to maim too many work mates

"It's hard, but not as hard as Arma!!!" Tutonic
    "This game is horribly broken" Oldbloke
    "Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon.." Terry Pratchetts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information