Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    LAN Admin & Overwatch GL Chaosphere's Avatar
    More the merrier! Great news tuna
    There is a hell believe me I've seen it,
    There is a heaven let's keep it a secret.

Booked - Thursday to Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by uni View Post
    Booked - Thursday to Sunday
    yay i gain a burden to drive down with me

Nice glad to hear it uni

hay chaos is there a seating plan for this Lan ? just wondering

Yeah, your seat is outside in that little garden on the bench. Fingers crossed it doesn't rain eh! I will bring your pizza out to you.

Quote Originally Posted by uni View Post
    Yeah, your seat is outside in that little garden on the bench. Fingers crossed it doesn't rain eh! I will bring your pizza out to you.
    No need to lie uni.... I know you wouldn't bring my pizza out, that would be to nice.

For most LANs we make the seating plan in our prep and attendees find out where they are on the day.

In the past the LAN admins have found that making plans public can lead to a large number of requests to slightly change things. The problem with this is often we end up with conflicting requests. Just asking to move 1 place can cause knock on problems that make it difficult to then keep 2 or 3 people happy with their seats.

Because of this we don't publicise the seating plans. We do our best to make a plan that both suits our needs (and for this LAN we had a particular set up in mind for the room) and puts people where we think they will be happy. Believe me when I say I have put a good few hours into this seating plan.. it isn't as easy as just plonking you lot down in a room! We have done our best to put you next to your mates and in groups we know get along well.

For LAN XXX things were different due to the numbers attending. The 'first come first serve' way of doing it is ok, but we know that people tend to check these forums different amounts. We don't really want to 'punish' someone for checking only once a week. We look at things like this for each LAN individually, and we are always looking for ways to improve how these events are put together - nothing is set in stone

Thanks chaos was just curious due me only have attended two Lan and both of them were different I was wondering what would be happening this time around. Thanks for getting back to me chaos and I have full faith in you and the other admins that the seating plan will be up to scratch and it's everyone best of intentions in your mind. I can only imagine how long it took to make a simple seating plan for us. thanks again chaos

Room officially booked \o/
    And don't worry about the pizza order, I'll bum a slice of everyone and have a random selection

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information