Blog Entries

One Login - breach

If you use this addon, then you might need to be doing a bit of work.

https://arstechnica.com/security/201...sed-decrypted/
    https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/06/...-decrypt-data/
    TL.
    Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. (Tom Wilson)
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

“Customer data was compromised, including the ability to decrypt encrypted data,”
    Not good. I'm no expert but would anyone really store a password vault somewhere where the storage owner had the facility to decrypt the vault, even for legitimate service based reasons? Again I'm no expert but a password file that can be decrypted anywhere other than my own device, using a password that lives anywhere other than inside my head isn't really a good idea. Hackers can have my password file if they like as it's encrypted with a password of 30+ characters and locked with Google 2 factor authentication.

I'm sure corporations have needs different to mine but partnering with a company that keeps your stuff in their servers with the ability to decrypt it, even for legitimate reasons, seems daft.

Quote Originally Posted by smilodon View Post
    Not good. I'm no expert but would anyone really store a password vault somewhere where the storage owner had the facility to decrypt the vault, even for legitimate service based reasons? Again I'm no expert but a password file that can be decrypted anywhere other than my own device, using a password that lives anywhere other than inside my head isn't really a good idea. Hackers can have my password file if they like as it's encrypted with a password of 30+ characters and locked with Google 2 factor authentication.

I'm sure corporations have needs different to mine but partnering with a company that keeps your stuff in their servers with the ability to decrypt it, even for legitimate reasons, seems daft.
    What you describe is fairly standard. Sounds like a pretty big boo boo.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk
    "Forewarned is forearmed"

Thread Information