Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Perhaps Gal I am looking at it with too much of a single player mentality. This would be my first foray into MMO territory afterall. You may be right that the group work removes some of that 'pay wall' as even if I don't own such ships through a group you still are able to experience some of their gameplay as you have detailed.

Like I said it's an interesting idea and one that at the very least has me thinking of the game again!
    All our Gods have abandoned us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosphere View Post
    Perhaps Gal I am looking at it with too much of a single player mentality. This would be my first foray into MMO territory afterall.
    Group on this type of game is huge. You'll have the option to solo, but you will very quickly find yourself logging on and then asking 'who wants to start a group to go do X' or to join an existing group doing 'Y'. You'll also be able to borrow ships from other people, or take past in inter-organisation missions/events, so the potential is massive. PACT which we are part of has membership in the tens of thousands, so we have plenty of friends to play with in the 'verse!
    TL.
    Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. (Tom Wilson)
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosphere View Post
    I just hope the base £30 game I have purchased still satisfies and as you have quite rightly said let's me interact with you lot and gawk in awe at your fancy ships xD
    I have no doubt that it will, and as Galatoni says, most of those ships require others to help make them work to their best efficiency, so you won't just be gawking, you'll be on them working.

In addition to that though, during the keynote speech, Chris said that we will be able to lease, as well as buy (from Astra Armada at first), ships in the game. So people will be able to try before they buy. It's a good move from CIG, as it will encourage people to upgrade more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information