Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So for ram I have an 8gb sk Hynix pc4 2400t

As for the motherboard I’ve checked several sites and it lists it nowhere it has the Lenovo stamp on it. But not much elseIMG_1070.JPGIMG_1069.JPGIMG_1071.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_1072.JPG

Motherboard is Lenovo 36d9 (u3e1)
    Last edited by .DickDastardly.; 23rd January 2018 at 07:02 PM.

DD that has to be the worlds smallest picture taken on an iphone. Do not sell your SSD.... get it in there takes like 5mins to open the case and plug it into a spare sata port. drive will show up in windows probably as a D drive and you can then install your games on it. You would not be replacing anything just adding, unless you went down the route of re-installing windows on the ssd.. but since you are nervous about pc stuff maybe not something to try. nice easy install guide: https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...ur-pc-3374767/

Blog Entries
    Also if your thinking about changing the cpu your gonna have to crack it open anyways.

"It's hard, but not as hard as Arma!!!" Tutonic

LAN Admin & Overwatch GL Chaosphere's Avatar
    Is that a single stick of RAM??? The pictures are fairly hard to see () but from what I can tell there are (at least) 2 RAM slots and only 1 stick?

If this is indeed the case then the easy first step is buying a second stick of RAM. Much cheaper than a CPU and may solve the problem entirely by itself tbh... I'll simply be floored if this is the case though, as how can any company sell any sort of 'gaming' PC with single channel memory?!?! Surely this can't be a real thing... I'll eat my hat if this is a real thing... Oh and lots of people should probably have words with Lenovo over misrepresentation as sulky said

If there are 2 sticks and I'm just being blind (looking closely I think there may be? Let's be sure before moving further) then you can ignore the RAM and we can get back to the CPU chat...

Can you get us some better pics? Particularly of the RAM areas? These are the thin horizontal sticks that rise up either side of the CPU, clipped in with little white tabs top and bottom.

And DD if you're not sure about the SSD, just bring one to the LAN (which yes I'm going to drag you to kicking and screaming eventually if you don't sign up of your own free will) I'm sure we can sort it for you on Sunday after the festivities... It's not a big job at all to install and move your OS to it.
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

i'll install the ssd at some point, I know how to do that. Theirs the single stick of RAM made by some company i've never heard of and no 1 is selling them anywhere sigh with regards to the pictures via iphone i'm not sure why there so small or the quality is so bad they looked good quality when i reviewed them via the phone -.-

if you use cpu-z it will provide you with the info you require about the motherboard, if you are unsure still post the screen up here. I have had the same issue since i stopped building my own computers a few years ago, not with the specs, but with ACER or HP basically colouring the board so you cant see its id

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

I came into this world with nothing,
    through careful management I've got most of it left.

Nice one sulky I used another software program and it said it was a Lenovo 36d9 so hopefully the one you suggested will make it clearer

Blog Entries
    This video runs that CPU and that GPU through PUBG. It demonstrates quite clearly that the CPU is a major bottleneck on your PC. It's running at pretty much 100% even before there is action going on around you and even with the settings knocked down (the video shows settings having to be progressively reduced in order to play). I have to agree with Sulky & Smilo though, the advertising claims seem truly awful.

Consider an upgrade the CPU to a compatible Kaby Lake i5 or i7. Your motherboard is Kaby Lake with a B250 chipset. It should run up to an i7-7700 (evidence), however it i worth checking on the Lenovo website to see what the CPU compatibility is for the BIOS you have on that system, just to make sure!

Your current Kaby Lake i3-7100 is a £90 CPU, high clock speed @ 3.9Mhz, but low cores and it's number crunching ability is about 40% worse then a £160 Kaby lake i5-7500.
    http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...100/3648vs3891

£182 improves things to an i5-7600 and you get bigger improvements:
    http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...100/3890vs3891

£257 bumps you up to an i7 and more improvements.
    http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...100/3887vs3891

How long will the upgrade last? At least until you find the next thing that doesn't run. If you want a precise answer you'll need to wait for us to get the piece of string out and measure it.

For my money, given that you are happy with medium settings, I wouldn't bother going more than an i5.

The best advice I would give is to talk to us before your next PC purchase or upgrade as you've unfortunately not got the best value out of the money you have spent.
    TL.
    Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. (Tom Wilson)
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunda View Post
    Do not sell your SSD.... get it in there takes like 5mins to open the case and plug it into a spare sata port.
    +1

Great advice from Gunda. Do not sell the SSD, stick it in your PC and you will notice a massive improvement in load speeds, not just on bootup, but when you load games and even in-game with map levels etc.
    TL.
    Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. (Tom Wilson)
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information