Thread: Firestorm

Firestorm

Firestorm is now live!

I have been playing a few games (as a loner / billy no mates), and it seems... alright. Not sure yet, but I think we need to get some 4 man squads going before we can really know!

I have this Friday off, so who is up for some games!?

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

There"s still a few of us playing BF-V, Fisk, Lionheart, Gorliath and me on the Friday evenings. I might want to try it then...
    Survivor of LAN V, VI, VIII, IX, X, XII, XIV, XVI, XVIII, XX, XXIV, XXX, XXXII and XXXIV so far...
    Lionheart; Grolsch to DuVeL is like spinache to Popeye
    Cheesepuff...A cyborg is sent from the future on a deadly mission. He has to kill Ninja_Freak, a young Man whose life will have a great significance in years to come.Ninja has only one protector - DuVeL - also sent from the future. The Terminator uses his exceptional intelligence and strength to find Ninja_Freak & attempt to terminate him.

I'll be there...

I like the looks of it and it’s a great reason to get back on battlefield, count me in !

I was hoping I was your reason...
    Survivor of LAN V, VI, VIII, IX, X, XII, XIV, XVI, XVIII, XX, XXIV, XXX, XXXII and XXXIV so far...
    Lionheart; Grolsch to DuVeL is like spinache to Popeye
    Cheesepuff...A cyborg is sent from the future on a deadly mission. He has to kill Ninja_Freak, a young Man whose life will have a great significance in years to come.Ninja has only one protector - DuVeL - also sent from the future. The Terminator uses his exceptional intelligence and strength to find Ninja_Freak & attempt to terminate him.

"Firestorm plays it safe by taking the excellent gunplay and vehicle combat that work in Battlefield V and putting it into a 64-player fight to the death. Besides some messy looting, nothing is glaringly bad about DICE’s take on battle royale, but few things are particularly interesting, either. Firestorm just feels like it came out too late and missed its opportunity to make a splash. Launching merely a month after EA’s own Apex Legends, Firestorm was set up to fail unless it had something that greatly separated itself from the other battle royales, and vehicular combat isn’t quite enough. The gorgeous but otherwise completely forgettable and bland map is a prime example of how you can’t judge a book by its cover."

Taken from the IGN Review - https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/04/...restorm-review

Mirrors my thoughts. Firestorm is 'Ok', but if I'm playing BR personally I would rather play Apex. Battlefield is all about Conquest / Rush, IMO, and that hasn't changed. Now I just need to play some more of those... I hope some new maps are on the horizon eh...
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Thread Information