Thread: Google Home Max

Blog Entries

Google Home Max

I snagged one of these whilst they are down at £199 rather than the £399 RRP, although to be fair they are usually found discounted to £299.

Build quality is great, and darn the thing is heavy. Sound quality seems excellent for a speaker effectively producing a mono sound. I've sorely tempted to add a second and pair it for stereo. As a pair of hi-fi speakers I am sure other things would give it a run for its money at £400, but as a smart speaker I have been seriously impressed in particular with the bottom end these things produce.
    TL.
    Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. (Tom Wilson)
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

There are many options now in the smart / wireless speaker market. Many involve you buying into one ecosystem or another, but there are often ways to mix and match that don't cost the earth. Compared to a few years ago, most offer pretty good sound quality, from what I've read.

We recently got one of these - https://www.audiopro.com/en/product/addon-c5/#white

I'm about to get some more traditional floorstanders for the lounge, but for ease of use and simplicity things like this are great, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the speaker above.
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Thread Information