Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade time!

I'll definitely be taking pictures, planning on going all in - new monitor, desk, pc, I think the only things that will survive will be a few hdd's & my mouse & keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by RizZy View Post
    think the only things that will survive will be a few hdd's & my mouse & keyboard.
    HDD Is still a thing?
    I last used spinning platters about 3-4 years ago - even my 10y old laptop has a SSD now.

I took advantage of Amazon Prime Day and picked up a Samsung 1TB SSD for £99 (now back to £132).
    Best upgrade ever.

And just to echo a few others thoughts here - I've been rocking a watercooled setup for 2 years now - Kraken X61 AIO CPU cooler and a Vega64 Liquid Cooled reference card. This isn't for overclock - it's for noise reduction.
    I hardly hear this beast!

OK, it *is* overclocked, but it's the same OC I had on air, just now on water.

Just a couple of old storage drives full of junk, systems on a SSD & I plan on going for something like you with a 1TB SSD for games & etc's

The 3700x is really a brilliant CPU so far, installed it a few days ago.
    Sadly i made the mistake of forgetting a AM4 bracket for my AIO cooler, so forced to use the Wraith prism till it arrives.
    Its so noisy ;)

Dunno if you've brought anything yet or are planning on going with an MSI board Galatoni, but MSI are releasing newer versions of some of their 300 & 400 series board that come with extra support for the new Ryzens - https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ms...-firmware.html

I'm putting it off just got now. But these suggestions are really good. Just going to get some Knuckles for my vive. I'm going to see what prices do with the new releases on the horizon. It's looking very much like I'm going to be joining AMD again though. There's just no comparison between the prices/performance.
    "Forewarned is forearmed"

Quote Originally Posted by Twyst View Post
    HDD Is still a thing?
    I last used spinning platters about 3-4 years ago - even my 10y old laptop has a SSD now.

I took advantage of Amazon Prime Day and picked up a Samsung 1TB SSD for £99 (now back to £132).
    Best upgrade ever.

And just to echo a few others thoughts here - I've been rocking a watercooled setup for 2 years now - Kraken X61 AIO CPU cooler and a Vega64 Liquid Cooled reference card. This isn't for overclock - it's for noise reduction.
    I hardly hear this beast!

OK, it *is* overclocked, but it's the same OC I had on air, just now on water.
    What PSU do you have for the Vega? I'm on a 500w for my rx470 and thinking it might not be enough for either of the Vega cards?

Hey i'm looking to build a new pc with around 1700euros max to spend (I'm in the Netherlands)
    https://www.alternate.nl/html/config...b3e679e64bbe6e I've currently got this scrambled together as an idea but i'm sure it's good, i do want to buy a good 144hz monitor with it

I'm sure it's not good*

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmate View Post
    Hey i'm looking to build a new pc with around 1700euros max to spend (I'm in the Netherlands)
    https://www.alternate.nl/html/config...b3e679e64bbe6e I've currently got this scrambled together as an idea but i'm sure it's good, i do want to buy a good 144hz monitor with it
    Avoid the 2700X now the Ryzen 3000s are out - get the 3700X instead.

That B450 motherboard is theoretically fine, but it will likely not support the CPU out of the box. The older motherboards require bios updates to support the new CPUs.

I strongly suggest anyone purchasing a new Ryzen CPU read through the link below. Many motherboards will be easy to update with a simple USB drive, but some may require a bit more tinkering... Just make sure you know what you're getting yourself into before purchasing.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100
    All our Gods have abandoned us.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information