I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill me. Err, hang on.........

Elite 35th Anniversary

Frontier are giving away the original Elite again for PC and MAC.

Available from the store

They also have a ship bobblehead available in their new ARX in-game store for 1 ARX. It's a hologram of the original retro Thargoid mothership.

ED_classic_elite_anniversary_bobblehead_900x500.jpg

Not sure what it takes to earn ARX, but I logged in to find I have an initial balance of 0.

Well I read that ARX can be used to buy previously paid only items like skins and ship kits. Nice touch.

HOW DO I GET ARX?
    Arx can be earned by simply playing the game! We won't ask commanders to change how they play, simply being an active player and engaging with the game is all that's required. Additionally, players are also able to purchase packages of Arx through the platforms' respective stores (Frontier Store, Steam, PlayStation Store and Xbox Marketplace).

Apparently can take you a good 6 months to earn enough to buy some of the skins.

Limit on ARX earning per week (refreshed Thursdays) is 400. I managed to earn 10 just by firing the game up, then you just play normally and earn it as an additional reward, looks like ARX is added on your next session login.

Yes I just spotted that 10 there after relogging. Got the bobble Thargoid now.

Something has definately changed. The models of the ships in the store are higher res. The paint jobs better as well. I think they've take some of the close up details from Plantet Coaster or Jurrasic into Elite because the models are way better now.

Might be them small stepping towards legs.

Now to fix my joystick software, Win10 1903 has messed up the mapping.
    Cheers, Bert

Still on 1803, not been offered any updates yet.

I'm just playing solo to blow out the cobwebs and get use to Queeg again. I need to look into the new scanner modes and the mining. Looks, like they've at least redone the signals and component collection.

I also wasn't present during the Thargoid fun, I last played during the ruin scanning runs and crashed relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
    Still on 1803, not been offered any updates yet.

I'm just playing solo to blow out the cobwebs and get use to Queeg again. I need to look into the new scanner modes and the mining. Looks, like they've at least redone the signals and component collection.

I also wasn't present during the Thargoid fun, I last played during the ruin scanning runs and crashed relics.
    I got the hang of the discovery scanning side of things the other night, it's quite possible to map out the whole sector from one place just above or below the astral plane.

Also managed to get the hang of mining for Void Opals, although it's not as easy or as fast a money maker as the forums suggest. Just getting a system with the right Icy Ring and then finding suitable rocks takes a bit of learning and experience.
    Cheers, Bert

Thread Information