Thread: Gun Barrels

Man of Iron
    Blog Entries
    I know these are obvious, but people are still doing it, I saw it last night, so I thought I'd point it out.

When you are sitting nicely in cover YOUR GUN BARREL IS STICKING OUT!

People can see it, will come, and will shoot you through the wall corner.
    ===============
    Master of maybe

I must admit, when I saw two posts from Benny entitled "Gun Barrels" and "Double Teaming" I really wondered what they were going to be about.

Good advice though m8

Originally posted by Benny@Feb 10 2004, 11:02 AM
    I know these are obvious, but people are still doing it, I saw it last night, so I thought I'd point it out.

When you are sitting nicely in cover YOUR GUN BARREL IS STICKING OUT!

People can see it, will come, and will shoot you through the wall corner.
    You are perfectly right Benny. This should be considered when chosing a camping spot as well. Some spots are wide/deep enough to hide you and the gun. Note worthy is that some guns are longer than others e.g. ak is shorter than colt.

SAme as on office when your near the hostages on the left side where you can shoot the wall. I see alot of people up there and you can see their guns sticking out and their like: how did you know I was there.

As Sadako said, it depends on the gun.
    Survivor of LAN V, VI, VIII, IX, X, XII, XIV, XVI, XVIII, XX, XXIV, XXX, XXXII and XXXIV so far...
    Lionheart; Grolsch to DuVeL is like spinache to Popeye
    Cheesepuff...A cyborg is sent from the future on a deadly mission. He has to kill Ninja_Freak, a young Man whose life will have a great significance in years to come.Ninja has only one protector - DuVeL - also sent from the future. The Terminator uses his exceptional intelligence and strength to find Ninja_Freak & attempt to terminate him.

If you have a fast switching key bind then you oculd always go to knife if you think you might be exposing a bit too much weapon
    smilodon
    --
    To be honest the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it...

I aim it into the box or wall. yes i may not be aiming in the right place but there is still 50% of the screen to use.

Bumped for Sn00ks because of last night.
    Sometimes before you want to go through a door your gun sticks through it. Opening doors can also be achieved by standing a bit further from the door. Doors can also be opend/closed by nades.
    Survivor of LAN V, VI, VIII, IX, X, XII, XIV, XVI, XVIII, XX, XXIV, XXX, XXXII and XXXIV so far...
    Lionheart; Grolsch to DuVeL is like spinache to Popeye
    Cheesepuff...A cyborg is sent from the future on a deadly mission. He has to kill Ninja_Freak, a young Man whose life will have a great significance in years to come.Ninja has only one protector - DuVeL - also sent from the future. The Terminator uses his exceptional intelligence and strength to find Ninja_Freak & attempt to terminate him.

this applies to your shadow as well. sometimes your shadow can be seen even if you cannot ... perhaps some of the walls glow oh and your shadow will sometimes pass through walls/floors. More useful to know when attacking I guess, but you can estimate where your shadow will fall by looking at shadows of objects near you. I'm not sure if you can see your own shadow ingame...

in assault, you can open the top door from the top steps of the stair. also your feet sometimes stick out the vent floor if you move.

Couple o good tips for you, did you know your gun sticks out much less when your staning than it does when your crouching. So whats a bad spot to camp crouched down could become a good one when stood up.

Also (not sure if this is the same for CSS) but changing to your pistol and dropping it so it it hits the door used to make the door oen too. Good for standing well to the side of the door and dropping pistol, any spam you get because the doors open would be directed at the door and not you. Don't worry about leaving your pistol behind, it picks it up when you do go through the door.

Thread Information