Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm not sure I like where this is going. If anything, we should be aiming to take out of focus, blurry, low resolution photos at the LAN. Taking such crisp and clear photos of our members is not really fair to the rest of the world.
    All our Gods have abandoned us.

Well I'm knocked out with those shots. So very impressive.

Community Administrator RogueTaylor's Avatar
    Stunning pictures !!

Please keep it he camera away from me ! I don’t want any videos of me with that quality

A gallery from the zoo.

It's a step change going from a DSLR to mirror-less. My missed shot rate was very high compared to what I usually get. Lots of images I thought were fine turned out to be far from sharp. It really showed up my lazy technique.
    Even so I'm sold on mirror-less. DSLR's have been a delight to work with but their day is nearly done. Now that there are full frame, professional grade mirrorless options I think we're in a similar transition as when we moved from film to digital.

Go buy one

My top OMFG from the day is the auto - focusing on the Z7 (and I assume other mirror-less cameras) which is astounding. The image of this underwater seal lion was shot in a dark underground viewing area, through thick and scratched glass into quite murky green water. The settings were (1/640 s, ISO 2500, f 5).

The sea lions would zip past the window at truly phenomenal speed, the keeper said about 20 mph. They'd only be in view for a genuine split second. I set the focus to continuous area auto and high speed shutter. Then I just pressed the button whenever I saw any blurry object fly past the window. While it's not super sharp at least it's clearly a sea lion. Trying to do it manually resulted in a bit of a flipper or a few bubbles!
    A quality DSLR should also be able to nail a shot like this but I seriously didn't think mirrorless had it in them.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by smilodon; 21st March 2020 at 09:32 AM.
    smilodon
    --
    Sent from the darkest recesses of a fractured mind, using the power of blood magic.

Blog Entries
    I think we blew through your bandwidth allowance Smilo, website down.
    TL.
    Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. (Tom Wilson)
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

That's me changing hosts for my non work photo stuff site. I'll have a look-see
    smilodon
    --
    Sent from the darkest recesses of a fractured mind, using the power of blood magic.

fixed link
    smilodon
    --

Blog Entries
    Nice shots Smilo, it looks like you'll be having a bunch of fun with camera!
    TL.
    Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. (Tom Wilson)
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. (Michael Jordan)

man if only i had the money to burn, damn you Smilo.. mirrorless 47MP looks amazing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information