Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chuffed

Community Administrator RogueTaylor's Avatar
    @chaos, not in the way of buying ships, best you can do is buy armour, weapons, clothing and armour is some of the things you can buy from shops. You can also now look at buying part for your ships, maybe get some bigger laser for one of your ships.

Had a brilliant night last night. Was able to play with sith gal and later was joined by lib last night. We Started out with sith and gal showing me some missions, first went a bit wrong but second one went very nicely, we went back to a port in the hoplite. When we got there we started to do some shopping and get some food and drink since they was running low. Lib came and joined us so we took out a freelancer and heading off to go and see a new planet with a research base on. The planet was beautiful, seeing the snow slowing us down as we walked around the planet surface before going off to the dark side of the plant to find the base. The base was a basic one with 3 building and a little trade hut there. Hearing as seeing the wind was crazy as it slowed us all down when we walked into it but when we walked with it then we was able to run instead of only walking. Sith and gal I think it was got a distress message from a luxury liner request help due to them being boarded. We ran to the ship and took off to see if this was a real thing and we was amazed to these the ships there asking for help, it had two 2 red (ships that I can’t remember the name of) that we had to defeat before getting close to the ship. I though the mission would be over when them ships died but it kept going. He had to space walk over to the ship, find a door that opens and get inside it. We saw the enemy inside hiding and shooting at us. Got a few kills before one guy did a weird jump in the air and killed me but none the less this was awesome to be a part of!!

Sorry for the walk of text, write it while at work XD sorry !

There's _some_ persistence. But no, If you're solely trying to work-towards something i'd say it's not ready for you just yet. That said, if you did want to have a look around what's available - go for it.
    "Forewarned is forearmed"

Ha. Glad you enjoyed the evening Rogue. Probably not helped by the inventory bug I was suffering, but would love to do that again. Was a cracking evening.
    "Forewarned is forearmed"

Quote Originally Posted by Galatoni View Post
    There's _some_ persistence. But no, If you're solely trying to work-towards something i'd say it's not ready for you just yet. That said, if you did want to have a look around what's available - go for it.
    Cheers guys, I think I will wait.

I feel like it probably has one chance to grab me, so I will wait for the right time.
    All our Gods have abandoned us.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosphere View Post
    Cheers guys, I think I will wait.

I feel like it probably has one chance to grab me, so I will wait for the right time.
    You're young, you should be fine
    smilodon
    --
    Sent from the darkest recesses of a fractured mind, using the power of blood magic.

On a serious note it would seem proper persistence is not far away now. Whether this means absolutely everything you do today will be with your for ever is uncertain, but it looks promising

smilodon
    --
    Sent from the darkest recesses of a fractured mind, using the power of blood magic.

Quote Originally Posted by smilodon View Post
    You're young, you should be fine

Good to hear it's coming, but as with everything Star Citizen it will take time. That video mentions the most basic of persistence functions by the end of 2020, and anything beyond that 'sometime after'.

See you in 2030 then gents.
    All our Gods have abandoned us.

warm feels

I'll try and take you up on the training session when 3.9.1 is out Sithy, hopefully before this weekend with the free flight week.

I guess it's different for each player. I would find it hard to play and work through an MMO when everything I did was going to get scrubbed at some point in the future.
    Ark also restarts quite often but then I imagine it's possibly the progression that counts rather than the end result.

But in an MMO like SC I'd be there to acquire ships, real estate, business, reputation etc. Sort of like World of Warcraft. I'd freak if my Level 120 toon suddenly got bumped back to level 1 and losteverything.

That's why I couldn't see myself spending much time there if it was all going to be for nothing, while the game works through Alpha etc.
    smilodon
    --

I totally share your thoughts actually Smilo!
    However, if you don't mind that money is persistent, then there is still fun to be had in the game, my balance has grown and stayed with me for the last 3 patches since data persistence was in, but yes, fair enough, I've had to rebuy the odd bit of equipment that got deleted, this was only for ship equipment I had bought and fitted though, my character equipment has remained mostly persistent too.

I'm not about to dump credits in game for ships etc but having the cash handy is definitely a plus.

And my advice remains, if you want a bug free game, then SC simply isn't ready for you yet

Also as a laughable side note, when you log into WoW in December your 120 character will be 50 with 10 levels to go for the new expansion
    Love is the one thing that transcends time and space.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information